Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi invites applications for various temporary posts under DBT Funded Projects.
Jawaharlal Nehru University is a public central university located in New Delhi, India. It was established in 1969 and named after Jawaharlal Nehru, India’s first Prime Minister. The university is known for leading faculties and research emphasis on liberal arts and applied sciences.
The post details are given below.
1. Project Associate-I (01)
Applications are invited for a temporary position of Project Associate-1 (One Post) in a DBT funded project.
Artificial Intelligence-based Prediction of an Intracellular Analyte Concentration Class using morphological images of parts.
- Master’s Degree in Natural or Agricultural Sciences/ M.VSc. or Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Technology or Medicine from a recognized University or equivalent.
- Candidate should be familiar with and be passionate about Data Science and Biological Data.
- It is not required for the candidate to understand Biology or be someone with a background/ degree in Biology/ Biotechnology/ Life Science/related area but the candidate needs to be analytical minded and should be willing to work independently and with biological data.
- Prior experience in using Deep Learning tools and methods is a definite plus.
- The position does not require conducting experiments in the lab.
Rs. 31,000/- + HRA for those who are selected through National Eligibility Tests-CSIR-UGC NET including lectureship (Assistant Professorship) or GATE or A selection process through National level examinations conducted by Central Government Departments and their Agencies and Institutions and Rs. 25,000/- + HRA for others who do not fall under the above category.
Till 30th August 2022 subject to the approval of the competent authority and satisfactory progress during the project.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates are requested to send an email to Professor Binay Panda, School of Biotechnology, JNU at firstname.lastname@example.org with a current CV and contact number.
If you are a currently enrolled/ working in an institution, it is recommended that you use the institutional email ID to send the email. If you are not currently enrolled/working, use an email ID that can be authenticated. The last date to apply is by September 29, 2020.
2. JRF/ SRF (01)
Applications are invited for the purely temporary post of Junior Research Fellow/ Senior Research Fellow in the DBT funded project entitled “Genomic Resources for Mulberry: Indian Mulberry Nuclear Genome Sequencing” at the School of Computational & Integrative Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University.
- M.Sc. degree or equivalent in Life Sciences/ Biotechnology/ Bioinformatics/ Computational Biology or another related field with NET/ GATE qualification.
- The candidates with a minimum of two years of research experience after completion of the M.Sc. degree or equivalent as above may be considered for the SRF position.
- Good computer skills (Linux, Perl, Java, Python, MySQL, etc.), along with proven experience in NGS data analysis and/ or bioinformatics is highly desirable.
How to Apply?
Eligible candidates may apply by sending their complete application in the given format along with a cover letter and self-attested copies of the certificates and proof of research experience (if any).
The applications should be submitted via e-mail at email@example.com latest by September 22, 2020. The e-mail subject line should read as “Application for the Post of JRF/ SRF in DBT Project”.
For full notification, click the link below.