The Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research offers summer fellowships for two months to bright undergraduate and M.Sc students studying in India.
Each year, about 2000 students from all over India apply for the 50-60-80 fellowships awarded. All the fellowships are supported by the Department of Science & Technology, Government of India. Students are placed with research groups at JNCASR or with scientists elsewhere in India.
Research Fellows are paid travel expenses and a monthly stipend of Rs. 6000. Selected students get the opportunity to participate in cutting-edge research, and several summer projects have led to publications in leading journals.
Many of the summer students of past years have gone on to pursue graduate studies and a research career, at the JNCASR or at another leading university.
The following are the research areas for which applications are invited.
- Life Sciences
- Chemical Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Engineering Sciences
- Students who have secured not less than 80% in Maths and Science subjects in their 10th and 12th standard or equivalent examinations, and not less than first class in graduation and post graduation (if applicable).
- Students presently studying in I and II year of B.Sc., I, II & III year of B.S., I, II & III year of B.E. /B.Tech., I year of M.Sc., and I-III year of Integrated M.Sc. can apply for Life Sciences.
- Students presently studying in II & III year of B.Sc., II, III & IV year B.S., II, III & IV year of B.E/B.Tech., I year of M.Sc. and I-III year of Integrated M.Sc. can apply for Physical Sciences, Engineering Sciences and Mathematics.
- Students presently IV year of BS-MS, I year of M.Sc. and IV year of Int. M.Sc. can apply for Materials Sciences and Chemical Sciences.
The students selected under this programme are placed with scientists at the Centre or elsewhere in India, for 2 continuous months with a stipend of Rs. 6000 /- p.m and travel support as per Centre’s norms.
How to apply
The application form can be downloaded from this page.
The filled in application form with attested documents should reach the address mentioned below:
The Academic Coordinator, Fellowships and Extension Programmes
Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research
Jakkur P.O., Bangalore 560 064.
- Last date for downloading application form from website: November 30, 2017
- Last date for receipt of completed application form: December 8, 2017
- Selected candidates will be intimated by: February 28, 2018
Phone: 080-2208 2776 Email: email@example.com
For full details, please visit the official website link given here.