The JN Tata Endowment for the Higher Education of Indians has been helping Indian students since 1892 with loan scholarships for higher studies. People consider it a matter of great pride to be called a ‘JN Tata Scholar’. There are now more than 5,004 JN Tata Scholars all over the world.
Loan Scholarship Process:
- The J. N. Tata Endowment awards a one-time loan scholarship to Indian nationals only at the beginning of the course for full-time Postgraduate/Ph.D./Postdoctoral studies/Research Fellowships, in all fields, irrespective of caste, creed, gender or community.
- The amount to be awarded to each scholar by way of loan scholarship is determined on the basis of the norms laid down for the purpose and ranges between Rs.1,00,000/- and Rs.10,00,000/-.
- The selected scholars may also be recommended for a gift scholarship and travel assistance from our allied Trusts as may be decided at the sole discretion of the Trustees of the concerned Trusts.
- A gift scholarship can be for a maximum amount of Rs.7,50,000/- and the travel grant can be a maximum of Rs.50,000/-.
- Applicants should be Indian nationals who are graduates of a recognized Indian University, with a consistently good academic record and other achievements to their credit.
- Students in the final year of the degree course and those awaiting results are eligible to apply.
- Candidates may apply even if they do not have the admission/offer letters, at the time of making the application, from the Universities to which they have applied for the academic year 2018-2019, and may, therefore, update their application status with the Endowment once they secure admission.
- Mid-career professionals up to the age of 45, with a good academic record and experience in their fields, specialization or training may also apply.
Candidates may note the following points.
- Apart from consistent academic performance, we give importance to participation in both co-curricular and extra-curricular activities.
- A good GRE/GMAT/TOEFL/IELTS score is extremely important for those applying overseas. If you have received a low GRE score, it may be advisable to improve upon it, to increase your chances of receiving the loan scholarship.
- A good statement of purpose will make a significant difference to your chances. We have provided some guidance on our website on how you can construct a good statement of purpose.
- After the initial screening of applications, candidates who are found suitable will have to undergo an online test, the date and time of which will be informed to them.
- Candidates shortlisted based on the online test will be called for an interview.
- Such candidates should mail scanned copies of the required documents before the time of the interview.
Click here to apply.
- Registration for the application form will be available: March 12, 2018
- The completed application forms will not be accepted after March 19, 2018.
Phone: +91 22 66657774, 66657198, 66657681
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
For further details, please click on the link given here.