*** First published on June 27 ***
The J.M. Sethia Charitable Trust Scheme was introduced in the year 1997.
Applicability: The Scheme is applicable to any individual. He/She should have passed the qualifying examination in the current year (in ﬁrst attempt) only. Those having passed earlier are not eligible.
Eligibility: Scholarship can be availed for students enrolled for full-time courses only.
Shall be granted on the basis of merit of the marks and reservation factor.
- Category A – for doing 9th – 10th class course.
- Category B – for doing 11th – 12th class course.
- Category C – for doing Graduation course.
- Category D – for doing Post-graduate course.
Number of Scholarships: Category A – 15, Category B – 15, Category C -10, Category D -10. If the number of applications are large, the management may increase the limit according to the purpose.
- Category A – Rs. 400/- P.M. for two years.
- Category B – Rs. 500/- P.M. for two years.
- Category C – Rs. 600/- PM. for two or three years as applicable.
- Category D – Rs. 700/- RM. for two or three years as applicable.
It should be used by the Students on himself and on his studies only.
- Category A – 8th Class or equivalent.
- Category B – 10th Class or equivalent.
- Category C – 12th Class or equivalent.
- Category D – Graduate Degree
- Category A – 75% aggregate in class 8th
- Category B – 75% aggregate in class 10th
- Category C – 75% aggregate (Science & Commerce), 65% aggregate (Humanities/Arts)
- Category D – 60% aggregate (Science & Commerce), 50% aggregate (Humanities/Arts)
Applicant should not be getting any other kind of scholarship from elsewhere.
The merit list is discussed and analysed for ﬁnal selection by a high level Selection panel, constituted by the Trust Management. The decision of this committee shall be ﬁnal and binding for all the purposes.
If granted Scholarship, the holder will have to provide continuity certiﬁcate issued by the head of the Institution every quarter. The holder has to submit the statement of A/c with proper authentication about the utilisation of Scholarship amount.
The application must reach our ofﬁce on or before 31st July, 2017.
For more details, please visit this link.