About the Event
The JKLU Innovation Challenge is an initiative to provide a platform for the young minds of our nation, where they unleash their immense potential for innovation and problem-solving. This innovation challenge is designed for the young generation thinkers and innovators – the school students.
JK Lakshmipat University (JKLU) Jaipur believes that the key to innovation lies not only in big labs, research organizations and large corporations but also in the minds of millions of our youth. Innovation is the habit that needs to be cultivated in young minds if any nation has to make a mark on innovation.
The format of a competition is such that students, guided by their teachers and mentors, will describe, conceptualize, and build on an innovative idea in selected areas of social importance. Students can further give shape to their ideas through prototyping by using the facilities provided by JK Lakshmipat University and demonstrate them.
In times to come, we are quite sure that the Challenge will also bring to life a number of ideas and innovation which will transcend this initiative and may well lead to social and commercial start-ups spurring community-benefiting entrepreneurship.
Theme of the Challenge
“Find Solutions for tomorrow, today”
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) brought together over 150 country leaders in September 2015 to discuss and identify some of the biggest issues that the world needs to address by the year 2030. It identified 17 Sustainable Development Goals that all nations must focus on to help overcome the three largest problems of the world – poverty, injustice and climate change.
The Problem Statement
Provide a prototype /idea based on currently available resources, which gives a feasible solution/contribution towards achieving any of the Sustainable Development Goals 2030. The participating students/teams can provide solutions for any one or more of the goals implementable at the world, national, state, city or community level. For example, they can come up with an innovative and feasible solution for Goal 6, Clean Water and Sanitation, for their city or community.
Team Registration Process
- Maximum two members allowed in a team.
- First of all, each team member has to register him/her self individually.
- After getting individual member ID they will allow making team by clicking the team registration button.
- After completion of Team registration, they will get team ID and password for submission of the idea(s) on their registered Email IDs.
To Register, visit the official link (given below).
Awards and Prizes
The teams have the opportunity to get awarded with prizes worth Rs. 5 Lacs. Along with this, the school with maximum entries and the teachers with maximum guided projects will also be awarded.
- First Prize: Certificates and award of Rs. 1,00,000/-
- Second Prize: Certificates and award of Rs. 50,000/-
- Third Prize: Certificates and award of Rs. 30,000/-
- Consolation Prize of Rs. 10,000/- to 10 other outstanding entries
- “Innovative campus” award for schools with maximum participation Teacher guides of winning teams will be given special awards
- 20% of each prize will be shared with winning student’s school.
Evaluation criteria will include originality, likely impact, practicality and potential to scale. The winners will be selected by an eminent jury from organizations such as Amazon, McKinsey, Johnson & Johnson, Indian School of Business and many more. The enthusiastic participants also get to attend workshops on problem-solving and innovative 21st-century technologies. Since JKLU believes in bringing ideas to life with its hands-on approach, participants can get incubated JKLU’s Atal Incubation Centre.
- Individual student registration: October 15, 2018
- Team and mentor registration: October 20, 2018
- Early deadline for submission: December 01, 2018
- Final deadline for submission: December 30, 2018
For any queries,
Mobile: +91-830 222 3344
Email Id: email@example.com