Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the JC Bose Fellowship 2021 by SERB.
About the Fellowship
The JC Bose fellowship is awarded to active scientists in recognition for their outstanding performance. The fellowship is scientist-specific and very selective.
- Should be an active scientist with a record of outstanding performance apparent from the award of SS Bhatnagar prize and/or fellowship of science academies (including engineering, agriculture and medicine).
- The scientist should be in service at the time of nomination to this fellowship.
- The nominee should be an Indian national working in institutions/Universities in India.
- The duration of the fellowship will be initially for five years. In case, the fellow superannuates during the term of the fellowship, the fellowship can be continued if a host institution is willing to host the fellowship
- The tenure of the fellowship may be extended for subsequent term of 5 years based on rigorous assessment of research performance during the tenure of the fellowship. A minimum of 25% of the applicants seeking extension will not be granted extension.
- The fellowship can be availed up to 68 years of age.
Nature of Support
- The fellowship amount is Rs. 25,000 per month in addition to regular income.
- Research grant of Rs. 15.00 lakh per annum.
- Overhead of Rs.1.00 lakh per annum to the host institute.
- The nominations can be sent by the Heads of the Institutions; JC Bose Fellows and Presidents of National science academies.
- The nominations are received throughout the year.
Selection of JC Bose Fellows will be made periodically (normally twice a year) by a Search-cum-Selection Committee specially constituted for the purpose, as per the broad guidelines of the fellowship scheme.
Online Application Procedure
For successful online submission of the application the following points may be noted:
- Nominator should first register into the online website. click here to register
- After log-in, go to Menu –> Proposal Submission –> Form Submission.
- Some of the details of Nominee like Name, email, contact details, area of specialization, educational qualifications, employment details & research experience etc. have to be entered at the time of submission.
- Research Contribution in Last 5 years of the Nominee has to be uploaded in single PDF file not more than 10 MB. Download Template
Dr. Monika Agarwal, Scientist ‘E’
Science and Engineering Research Board
5 & 5A, Lower Ground Floor,
Vasant Square Mall,Plot No. A, Community Centre,
Sector-5, Pocket-5, Vasant Kunj
Dr. Shiv Mohan Singh, Scientist ‘G’