About the Scholarships:
The Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund scholarships are available for Ph.D. study in India to the following two categories of students:
- Indian Nationals.
- Nationals of other Asian countries.
Area of Specialization:
A candidate may apply for scholarship in any one of the following areas of specialisation:
- Indian History and Civilization
- Comparative Studies in Religion & Culture
- Ecology & Environment
At the time of submission of the application for scholarship, a candidate should
- Hold a FIRST Class Post-graduate degree with a minimum 60% marks in aggregate in both graduate and postgraduate level.
- Already be registered/admitted for a Ph.D. degree with a recognized University/ Institution in India. Those who have applied for registration and have not yet been registered at the time of submission of application, are not eligible to apply.
- Not be above 35 years of age.
- Be a full-time Ph.D. Scholar.
Value of Scholarships:
- Maintenance allowance including Tuition fee Rs. 18,000 per month.
- Contingent expenses for study tours within India, the purchase of books, stationery, etc. Rs. 15,000 per annum.
How to apply?
- The Application Form for Jawaharlal Nehru Scholarships can be downloaded from the link given below.
- The amount of Rs.100 is to be paid by Postal Order/Demand Draft drawn in favor of “Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund” payable at New Delhi and should be sent along with the completed application form to reach the Fund office on or before 31 May.
Administrative Secretary, Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund
Teen Murti House, New Delhi-110 011
Phone: +91-11-23013641, +91-11-23017173, +91-11-23018087