Applications are now invited for the Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund Scholarships 2020 from postgraduate candidates. This scholarship aims to support the study of Ph.D. in India from Indian nationals and nationals of other Asian countries.
The Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund formally came into being when a National Committee consisting of 110 members was convened in New Delhi on 17 August 1964 under the Chairmanship of Dr. S. Radhakrishnan, then President of India.
A candidate may apply for a scholarship in any one of the following areas of specialization:
- Indian History and Civilization
- Comparative Studies in Religion & Culture
- Ecology & Environment
Maintenance allowance including Tuition fee – Rs.18,000 per month and Contingent expenses for study tours within India, purchase of books, stationery, etc: Rs.15,000 per annum. The scholarship duration will be 2 years.
At the time of making the application for the scholarship, a candidate should:
- Hold a first Class Post-graduate degree with a minimum 60% marks in aggregate in both graduate and postgraduate level,
- Already be registered/ admitted for a Ph.D. degree with a recognized University/Institution in India. Those who have applied for registration and have not yet been registered at the time of submission of application, are not eligible to apply,
- Not be above 35 years of age,
- Be a full-time Ph.D. Scholar.
How to Apply?
Candidates applying for the scholarship need to upload the following documents:
- A passport size photograph of the applicant to be pasted on the form.
- A synopsis of the proposed project as per the attached format.
- Doctoral Monitoring Committee’s report or Supervisor’s report/recommendations.
- Postal Order/ Demand Draft for Rs.100.
- Ph.D. registration certificate.
To download the application form, click here. The completed application form together with all the necessary enclosures should reach Administrative Secretary, Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund, Teen Murti House, New Delhi-110011 on or before 31 May. The candidates are advised to send their applications as soon as possible. The Fund will not be responsible for any postal delays in reaching the application by the due date.
Phone Number: 91-11-23013641
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further details, click here.