Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund Ph.D Scholarships 2021.
About the JNMF
The Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund (JNMF) formally came into being when a National Committee consisting of 110 members was convened in New Delhi on 17 August 1964 under the Chairmanship of Dr S. Radhakrishnan, then President of India. This Committee unanimously adopted a Deed of Declaration of Trust and nominated the first Trustees, Holding Trustees and Members of the Executive Committee.
Categories of Scholarships
The scholarships are available for PhD study in India to the following categories of students:
- Indian Nationals
- Nationals of other Asian countries
Areas of Specialization/Subject
A candidate may apply for a scholarship in any one of the following areas of specialisation:
- Indian History and Civilization
- Comparative Studies in Religion & Culture
- Ecology & Environment
At the time of making the application for a scholarship, a candidate should
- Hold a FIRST Class Post-graduate degree with a minimum 60% marks in aggregate in both graduate and post graduate level,
- Already be registered/admitted for PhD degree with a recognized University/Institution in India. Those who have applied for registration and have not yet been registered at the time of submission of application, are not eligible to apply,
- Not be above 35 years of age,
- Be a full-time PhD. Scholar
Duration of Scholarship
up to 2 years
Value of Scholarship for both the Categories
- Maintenance allowance including Tuition fee – Rs.18,000 per month
- Contingent expenses for study tours within India, purchase of books, stationery, etc. – Rs.15,000 per annum
How to Apply?
The completed application form together with all the necessary enclosures should reach Administrative Secretary, Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund, Teen Murti House, New Delhi-110011 on or before 31 May. The candidates are advised to send their applications as soon as possible. The Fund will not be responsible for any postal delays in reaching the application by the due date.
The Selection Committee’s decision to call a candidate for an interview or select a candidate for the scholarship will be final and no representation in this regard will be entertained.
- A passport size photograph of the applicant to be pasted on the form.
- A synopsis of the proposed project as per the attached format.
- Doctoral Monitoring Committee’s report or Supervisor’s report/recommendations.
- Postal Order/Demand Draft for Rs.100.
- Ph.D registration certificate.
Incomplete and unsigned forms are liable to be rejected.
May 31, 2021
Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund
Teen Murti House
New Delhi-110 011
Phone: +91-11-23013641,+91-11-23017173, +91-11-23018087
For more details, click the link below.