Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the fully funded Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship 2023.
About the MEXT Scholarship
The Government of Japan offers Government scholarships to Indian students for the academic year 2023 under its Japanese Government (Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology: MEXT) Scholarship Program for Research Studies.
Field of Study
Applicants should apply for the field of study they majored in at university or its related field. Moreover, the fields of study must be subjects that applicants will be able to study and research in graduate courses at Japanese universities. The fields of study may be restricted to particular fields by the Japanese Embassy or Consulate (hereinafter referred to as “Japanese diplomatic mission”) in the applicant’s country.
Traditional entertainment arts such as Kabuki and classical Japanese dances, or subjects that require practical training in specific technologies or techniques at factories or companies are not included in the fields of study under this scholarship program.
A student who studies medicine, dentistry, or welfare science will not be allowed to engage in clinical training such as medical care and operative surgery until he/she obtains a relevant license from the Minister of Health, Labor and Welfare under applicable Japanese laws.
Qualifications and Condition
MEXT accepts applications from international students for study in Japan who satisfy the following qualifications and conditions. It aims to foster human resources who will become bridges of friendship between the grantee’s country and Japan through study in Japan and who will contribute to the development of both countries and the wider world.
- Nationality: Applicants must have the nationality of a country that has diplomatic relations with Japan. An applicant who has Japanese nationality at the time of application is not eligible. However, persons with dual nationality who hold Japanese nationality and whose place of residence at the time of application is outside of Japan are eligible to apply as long as they choose the nationality of the other country and renounce their Japanese nationality by the date of their arrival in Japan (the acquisition of student status). The First Screening must be conducted at the Japanese diplomatic mission in the country of which the applicant chooses the nationality.
- Age: Applicants, in principle, must have been born on or after April 2, 1988. Exceptions are limited to cases in which MEXT deems that the applicant could not apply within the eligible age limit due to the situation or circumstances of the applicant’s country (military service obligator, loss of educational opportunities due to disturbances of war, etc.) Personal circumstances (financial situation, family circumstances, state of health, circumstances related to applicant’s university or place of employment etc.) will not be considered for exceptions.
- Academic Background: Applicants must satisfy any one of the following conditions for admission to either a master’s or doctoral course at a Japanese graduate school in which they wish to first enroll. (Applicants who will certainly satisfy any of the following conditions by the time of enrollment are eligible.)
- Allowance: The amounts listed below shall be paid depending on the course enrolled in. A supplemental regional allowance of2,000 yen or 3,000 yen per month will be added to the monthly scholarship amount for the grantees studying or conducting research in specially designated regions. Due to the situation of the Japanese Government’s budge! the amount of payment may be subject to change each fiscal year. If the grantee is absent from the university for an extended period the scholarship shall be suspended for that period.
- Students receiving the preparatory education and non-regular students: 143,000 yen per month.
- Regular students enrolled in master’s or professional degree courses: 1,14,000 yen per month
- Regular students enrolled in doctoral courses: 145,000 yen per month.
- Education fees: Fees for the entrance examination, matriculation, and n-r.ition at universities will be paid by MEXT. The entrance examination fee, however, will be borne by the grantees if they cannot proceed to the master’s or doctoral course or cannot be admitted by the university.
- Traveling Expenses
- Transportation to Japan
- Transportation from Japan
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the scholarship through this link.
May 15, 2022
Mr. Sinha (firstname.lastname@example.org)