Botanicals serve as the source of therapeutically active molecules for many years. Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) is one of the most popular Indian medicinal plants, which is being used for treatment of several human ailments.
This symposium aims to focus on different contemporary issues on the discovery of drugs and development from medicinal plants and special reference to Ashwagandha together with their quality evaluation, validation and safety related aspects.
Eminent academicians, scientists, researchers, technologists from universities, industries and other research organizations will share their experiences on the following topics:
- Drug discovery and development of medicinal plants with special reference to Ashwagandha
- Metabolomic study – an approach towards drug discovery
- Integrative approach in healthcare
- Safety, efficacy and quality evaluation.
- Dissemination of knowledge on research and development of plant sciences.
- Phytochemical, pharmacological, microbiological and high throughput screening of herbal medicine.
- Development and evaluation of herbal medicine – Industry-Institute partnership.
- IP rights, patents and regulatory affairs of medicinal and aromatic plants (MAP)
Call for Abstract
Scientific e-presentations are welcomed from young researchers which will deal on drug development from products that are natural . After completing the registration process , the abstracts will be submitted through e-mail as an attachment at firstname.lastname@example.org within August 19, 2017.
The abstracts should be written by Microsoft word in “.doc” or “.docx” (250 words). All accepted abstracts will be published in the e- proceedings of the seminar which will be available in the website of the society for ethnopharmacology (click here)
- Delegates (Member ‐ SFE‐India) : Rs 800
- Delegates (Non‐member) : Rs. 1000
- Student/ Researchers (Member ‐ SFE‐India) : Rs. 600
- Student/ Researchers (Non‐member) : Rs. 700
Registration will be done on first come, first served basis as there the total number of participants is limited.
Organizing Secretary, National Convention School of Natural Product Studies
Jadavpur University, Kolkata – 700 032
Mobile: Amit Kar‐ 9831550902 Debayan Goswami‐ 8420946230
Fax: +91 33‐2414 6046; E‐mail: email@example.com
For more information, visit the official website link given here.