About the conference:
Original, authentic, scholarly and unpublished research papers are invited from scholars, faculty, researchers, students and fellows for 5th Indian Social Sciences & Humanities Congress 2019 (SAMAGAM 19) which will be held on 7th – 8th September 2019 at Jadavpur University, Kolkata – 700 032, India; in collaboration with Department of Library & Information Science, Jadavpur University.
There’s no particular theme or sub-themes except English department. All research papers are expected to meet the scientific evidence and academic excellence and will be evaluated by an expert panel of referees in a double fold blind reviewing process.
(Re)Presentations: Praxis, Problems and Politics
(applicable only for English department)
- Literature and Representation
- Politics of Representation
- Gender and Representation
- Caste, Class, and Race
- Representing the Disabled
- Nation and Dissemination
- Representation in Media and Films
- Location, Migration, Hybridity
- Globalization and Multiculturalism
Subjects/Departments and other details can be accessed here.
Key Steps & Registration Process:
- Articles Submission
- Initial technical Screening
- Correction & Modification
- Online Payment
- Online Registration Form Fill up & Submission of Declaration Form
- Scrutiny & Verification
- Presentation & Publication
INR 1,400/- only (Indian rupees one thousand, four hundred only) for Citizens of India and other SAARC Countries.
All manuscripts must be neatly typed as DTP and the softcopy of full paper submitted only as MS Word (2003-2007) in the form of a .docx/.doc file as Attachment/s (not as a PDF, JPEG or other format) containing the author’s name, designation, subject/department, subject code, Institution, address for correspondence, Mobile No (Permanent) and WhatsApp No. through Email.
Separate emails for papers under different departments are given here.
The file name should be subject code_author’s name_ surname (e.g.<HIS_E_Priya_Mishra>). Manuscripts should be within 2000-3500 words (not more than 12 Royal Size Book Pages) in length including the title, key-words (Maximum 7), abstract (within 150 words), institutional designation, email address, biographical information, appendix (es), references, tables, and figures.
Important Dates & Announcements:
- Deadline for full article submission (along with abstract & key-words): 30th June 2019 midnight (Last date).
- Initial technical screening of articles: 1st July-7th July 2019
- Review process: 8th July 20th July 2019
- Feedback for improvements, corrections & modifications: 10th June –20th July 2019
- Last date revised article submission: 21st July 2019 midnight.
- Last date for withdrawal: 21st July 2019 midnight.
- Notification of acceptance: 22nd July- 2nd August 2019
- Online submission of the registration fee (only for accepted papers): 22nd July- 8th August 2019 midnight.
- Online registration & Submission of Declaration Form (only for accepted papers): 22nd July- 10th August 2019 midnight.
- Scrutiny & Verification of registration: 11th – 24th August 2019
- Notification of presentation schedule: 25th – 31st August 2019