Voluntary Organisation in Interest of Consumer Education (VOICE) is a pioneer consumer protection group (NGO) based in New Delhi working for consumer-education, a champion of Consumer interests & issues since 1983.
We at Consumer Voice believe in the power of Videos & Films & free expression. We know that short videos particularly are a truly democratic mass medium, and they give power of expression and exposure to all of us through easily available means. Only what
separates ordinary from extra-ordinary is desire and creativity.
Over years VOICE has been representing and protecting consumer interests with policy-makers, judiciary, and statutory regulatory bodies and our vision is to build consumer awareness based on scientific facts and complete information, to strengthen Rights of Consumers, especially the Right to Informed Choice(s).
Now we want to use the power of content, We want to see your perspectives on Consumer Rights, We have some interesting topics for you to ogle about, bide your time and finally shoot your short film.
Filmmakers, Content Creators, Students of media!
Do remember, 5 minutes or one minute, we are looking for films which best convey the underlying message, are original and have quality execution. So the shorter it is the better chance you might have for selection!
We want to highlight the major issues, and topics for making these
- Unfair trade practices in retail markets.
- Problems faced by telecom consumers.
- Exploitation of consumers at retail level.
- Problems of buyers of Consumer durables like Fridge, TV, Air conditioners, Microwave, Washing machines, dishwashers etc.
- Problems of Airline passengers.
- Problems of the consumer with technical and IT products like Laptop, Desktop, smartphones, tablets etc.
- Problems related to MRP on packaged products.
- Problems of patients in private and government hospitals.
Other topics may include
- How can a consumer protect himself from exploitation in retail markets?
- Can comparative testing of consumer products protect consumers?
- Rights of consumers
- Consumer Courts under consumer Protection Art of 1986.
- Unfair Trade practices in retail markets
- Problems faced by telecom consumers
- Exploitation of consumers at Retail level.
- Problems of E commerce Consumers
- Problems of buyers of Consumer durables like Fridge, TV, Air conditioners, Microwave, washing machines, dishwashers etc.
- Problems of Airlines passengers
- Problems of consumers with technical and IT products like Laptop, Desktop computers, smart phones, tablets etc.
- Problems faced by home buyers from Builders
- Problems from sub standard and Adulterated food products
- Problems related to MRP on packaged products.
- Artificial flavored drinks vs. natural fruit based drinks and homemade soft drinks
- Nutrition and health issues due to usage of cooking oils in homemade food
- Problems of patients in private and Government hospitals.
- Any other subject which is related to or rising out of consumer interests in the market place.
If you wish to check any other theme you can email or call us and get a feedback on the same.
Camera / Gear
Though using best of cameras DSLR’s will help your film technically, we feel its your idea and the story. You can even use a Mobile phone to share your story, your case, your voice and be the winner. What matters is how you use the power of videos to share it with us.
We are looking for Videos and Films which educate the consumer on his or her own rights, empower and use video tools to best tell a story and the brief of the competition, It can leave a positive impact and is inspirational.
Please try to avoid use of actual names of real persons, organizations or brands, as much as possible. Use Copyright Free Music for YouTube.
Films & Videos – Format, Length and Language
- The length must be less than Five minutes.
- Please send the short film in MP4/MPEG/H264/MOV formats only.
- We request you to add English subtitles if your film is non-English and non Hindi.
- 1st Prize: Cash prize Rs. 20,000 + gift
- 2nd Prize: Cash prize- Rs. 15000 + gift
- 3rd Prize: Cash prize- Rs. 10,000+ gift
- 10 Consolation Prizes of Rs 2500 each.
Certificate of participation will be given to all eligible candidates.
How to Submit
All films have to be submitted Online by emailing us Form along-with the films YouTube, Google Drive Link or wetransfer link.
Only entries backed by filled-up entry forms and fees will be considered for competition.
Please fill a separate entry form for each entry. You can submit upto three entries.
There is a no Fee to take part in the competition.
The Competition Entries should reach us latest by 30th November 2018.
For any queries, comments or clarifications on this Competition Brief or on the Form, feel free to contact:
firstname.lastname@example.org | 9667984141 | 01147331000
Click here for official website.