Applications are now open for the IWMF Howard G. Buffett Fund for Women Journalists 2020. The Howard G. Buffett Fund for Women Journalists, the first funding initiative of its kind, enables the IWMF to dramatically expand its support of women journalists.
Established with a $4 million gift from the Howard G. Buffett Foundation, the Fund will support projects including educational opportunities, investigative reporting, and media development initiatives. Starting from January 2020, the Fund for Women Journalists will accept applications on a rolling basis.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Fund for Women Journalists program will no longer support projects or professional development opportunities with any travel component. They will focus on supporting reporting projects and professional development opportunities within the following parameters, until further notice:
- Expose under-reported local issues with critical global angles
- Undertake collaborative, ambitious reporting projects
- Pursue virtual skills training, develop expertise, and strengthen careers
The fund was designed to help women journalists by providing grantees support to:
- Expose under-reported but critical global issues.
- Undertake ambitious projects that challenge traditional media narratives.
- Develop field-based expertise and strengthen careers.
- Pursue training and leadership opportunities.
- Launch entrepreneurial news projects or acquire the skill to do so.
- Woman-identifying journalists from anywhere in the world are eligible to apply. The IWMF believes that gender does not conform to one notion. They are inclusive of all journalists who identify as women, which includes trans women, and non-binary people.
- Professional journalism must be the applicant’s primary profession.
- Applicants must have three or more years of professional journalism experience.
- Teams of journalists may apply, however, the submission must be from a woman journalist and her team must include at least 50% women.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here. There is no last date to apply and applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
For full notification, click the link below.
You might also be interested in Fetisov Journalism Awards 2020 [Awards Worth Rs. 1 Cr]: Apply by Aug 1.