The IWA Women in Water award acknowledges and celebrates female leadership in the field of water. Through this award, the IWA recognizes those women working in the field of water who, through their demonstrated leadership, have had a significant positive impact on the development of the industry.
The award showcases an individual’s excellence in leadership as demonstrated by outstanding initiatives, impact of work and inspiration to others. The award recognizes the role women play in the sector, but also seeks to encourage the greater participation of women in the water sector and hopes to motivate more women to pursue leadership positions within the sector.
- Demonstrable leadership within the sector which has had a positive impact on the advancement of water management
- Demonstrable contributions towards the development of future leaders
- Demonstrable contributions towards IWA and/or other water-related groups, Associations or institutions
- Open to all women working in the water industry
- 18 May: Call for nomination closes
- 13 July: Full submission deadline
- 27 Aug: Finalists notification
- 18 Oct: Award ceremony
How to apply?
In order to nominate a peer to win the IWA Women in Water Award 2020, please submit online the reasons why the individual will qualify. To fill in the online form swiftly see below the different questions.
- Name, Affiliation, Country, Email address, Phone number
- Write an executive summary outlining the main reason for the nomination (maximum 150 words).
- How has your/your nominee’s leadership within the sector had a positive impact on the advancement of water management? (100 words)
- What contributions have you/your nominee made towards the development of future leaders in the water sector? (100 words)
- What contributions have you/your nominee made towards IWA and/or other water-related groups, associations or institutions? (100 words).