National Remote Sensing Centre (NRSC), one of the constituent Centres of Indian Space Research Organisation(ISRO), Department of Space(DOS) responsible for the Ground Segment of Remote Sensing Programme has invited online applications for the following Temporary positions of Research Scientists:
Research Scientist 1
No. of Positions: 7
Qualifications: M.E/M.Tech or equivalent in Water Resources/ Hydrology / Soil & Water Conservation/ Hydraulics / Irrigation/ Environmental/ equivalent to Water Resources Engineering specialization After completion of B.E/ B.Tech or equivalent in Civil / Environmental / Agricultural / Water Resources Engineering.
Desirable Qualifications: Knowledge in Remote Sensing / GIS/ Geoinformatics
Research Scientist 2
No. of Positions: 6
Qualifications: M.E/M.Tech or equivalent in Remote Sensing/ GIS / GeoInformatics / Geomatics After completion of B.E/ B.Tech or equivalent in Civil / Environmental / Agricultural Engineering OR MSc. (with Physical Sciences subjects like Maths, Physics etc. at B.Sc level) in Geomatics / Geoinformatics / Remote Sensing / equivalent to Geoinformatics specialization
Desirable Qualifications: Knowledge in Water Resources / Hydrology / Hydrological Modeling / Statistical Analysis
Research Scientist 3
No. of Posts: 3
Qualifications: M.E / M.Tech in Computer Science & Engineering / Information Technology / Software Engineering / equivalent.
Desirable Qualifications: Knowledge in one or more of the following:
Emoluments & Other Benefits
- Rs. 15,600/- + G.P of Rs. 5,400/- + Dearness Allowance and House rent Allowance as applicable. (Emoluments & other benefits are likely to be revised shortly).
- In addition, the Research Scientists are eligible for medical benefits (for self) and Leave entitlement as per the rules of NRSC.
- The candidates selected will not be entitled to any benefits or concessions admissible to regular employees.
- The above provisions are liable to change/revise from time to time as per Government policy.
- Essential qualification of ME/M.Tech or equivalent degree should be in First class with a minimum of 60% marks (aggregate of all semesters) or CGPA/CPI grading of 6.5 on a 10 Point scale.
- Pre-qualification of BE/B.Tech/MSc or equivalent degree should also be in First Class with an aggregate of 65% marks (average of all semesters) or CGPA of 6.84 on a 10 Point scale.
- Only passed out candidates are eligible to apply. Candidates awaiting for final result need not apply.
- Opening Date for On-line Registration: 17.06.2017 (1000 Hrs)
- Closing Date for On-line Registration: 01.07.2017 (2359 Hrs)
How to Apply?
- Interested & eligible candidates may visit website at www.nrsc.gov.in to register their applications on-line between 17.06.2017 (1000 hrs) and 01.07.2017 (2359 hrs).
- Upon registration, applicants will be provided with an on-line Registration Number, which should be carefully preserved for future reference. E-mail ID and Mobile Number of the applicant are to be furnished in the application compulsorily. Any request for change of e-mail id will not be entertained.
- Candidates are required to upload the scanned copy of their photograph, signature, SSC certificate, consolidated marks-sheet i.r.o essential qualification prescribed, for the post applied for, without which their application will not be accepted.