The Indian Statistical Institute (ISI), Kolkata invites applications for project linked person on a contractual basis at the institute.
An Interview will be conducted on 06 October 2020 at 11:00 AM in the Computer and Statistical Service Centre (CSSC) of the Institute for recruitment of Two (02) purely temporary positions: one for Project Linked System Administrator and one for Project Linked Junior System Administrator for assisting the maintenance of IT infrastructure of the Institute. The recruitment committee may consider for In-Person/ Online Interview following COVID-19 guidelines.
Indian Statistical Institute (ISI) is a public research university that is recognized as an institute of national importance in the 1959 act of the Indian parliament. It grew out of the Statistical Laboratory set up by Prasanta Chandra Mahalanobis in Presidency College, Kolkata.
Established in 1931, the this university of India is one of the oldest and most prestigious institutions focused on statistics, and its early reputation led it to be adopted as a model for the first US institute of Statistics set up at the Research Triangle, North Carolina by Gertrude Mary Cox.
Project Linked Person (02)
- For Project Linked System Administrator: B.E./ B.Tech. in Information Technology/ Computer Science & Engineering/ Electronics and Communication Engineering, or M.C.A. At least two years’ experience in LAN and Wireless Network Management, Maintenance of Services in LINUX and Windows platform, Storage and Firewall. Experience in Video Conferencing, Virtualization, IP Telephones, Routers is desirable.
- For Project Linked Junior System Administrator: B.E./ B.Tech. in Information Technology/ Computer Science & Engineering/ Electronics and Communication Engineering, or M.C.A.
Should not exceed 35 years as on 01 September 2020, with usual relaxation for SC/ ST/ OBC and differently-abled candidates. Age may be relaxed for exceptionally bright candidates with relevant experience.
- For Project Linked System Administrator: Aconsolidated pay ranging between ₹40,000/- (Rupees forty thousand) to ₹60,000/- (Rupees sixty thousand) only per month.
- For Project Linked Junior System Administrator: Aconsolidated pay ranging between ₹20,000/- (Rupees twenty thousand) to ₹30,000/- (Rupees thirty thousand) only per month depending on the qualifications and experience of the selected candidates.
The tenure of appointment will be until 31 March 2021 initially from the date of his/ her joining the Institute which may be extended later/ terminated earlier, depending on the availability of funds and performance of the candidates.
How to Apply?
- Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here. The last date to apply is October 1, 2020.
- Candidates who opted for an online interview will be intimated by email to the address provided in the application on 05 October 2020.
- At the time of joining, candidates have to produce all relevant documents/ testimonials in original for verification and a certificate of medical fitness from the Medical Officer of the Institute.
- Failing this, the institute will offer the position to the next candidate in the merit list prepared for this purpose.
- The Institute reserves the right not to appoint any candidate against this advertisement.
For full notification, click the link below.
You might also be interested in Junior Research Fellow at IIT Dharwad: Apply by Oct 10.