The Indian Statistical Institute (ISI), an Institute of National Importance, invites applications from Indian Nationals from the reserved categories who are exceptionally bright and highly motivated with an established record of high-quality research and development and having strong commitments to teaching for positions of Assistant Professor (Grade I & Grade II) in its various scientific divisions to be posted in headquarters and other centres/branches/outlying units of the Institute.
11 (Six OBC, three SC and two ST candidates)
- Applied Statistics Division
- Computer and Communication Sciences Division
- Social Sciences Division
- Statistical Quality Control and Operations Research Division
- Theoretical Statistics and Mathematics Division
- Ph.D. in the appropriate branch; a first-class or equivalent at the preceding degree with a very good academic record throughout
- Should have at least 3 years (relaxable in exceptional cases) of post-Ph.D. research/teaching/ industrial experience.
- For candidates with less than 3 years, post-Ph.D. experience may be offered contractual Assistant Professor Grade-II position if selected.
Preferably below 38 years for OBC and 40 years for SC and ST. Age to be counted as on the last date of application.
Duties include undergraduate and postgraduate teaching, research, research supervision, consultancy, training, departmental and institutional activities. The Institute makes constant effort to recruit faculty members from SC/ST/OBC (NCL) categories. This advertisement is a part of such a focused initiative in that direction.
In addition to the pay package, the Institute offers several incentives for professional and personal development of the new faculty members.
- These include (For Assistant Professors only): Start-up research grants of up to Rs. 15 Lakhs may be provided in the first year after joining upon submission of a suitable proposal; higher start-up grants may be considered favourably for those proposals which require expensive research equipment.
- Cumulative Professional Development Allowance (CPDA) as per extant Govt. norms (which presently is Rs. 3 Lakhs for every block period of 3 years).
- Several well-established mechanisms for interaction with the industry, and other professional bodies, for research projects as well as for consultancy.
- The Cell for Cooperation with Academia, Industry and R & D labs (C-CAIR) at the Institute facilitates faculty entrepreneurship, as well as faculty involvement in start-ups.
- Accommodation in campus housing based on availability.
- Attractive medical facilities and medical insurance scheme.
- Reimbursement of relocation expenses as per GoI norms.
How to apply?
Candidates must apply with a forwarding letter referring to the advertisement No. and its date, on the writable PDF form which is available here. The following documents are required (in PDF format) along with the application form.
- Filled in Form available at the end of this advertisement
- Curriculum Vitae with a list of all publications
- Proposed research plan
- Proposed teaching plan at the undergraduate and post-graduate levels
- Caste and/or Disability Certificate from the competent authority, as applicable
- Any other relevant information the applicant may wish to furnish
- Reprints of up to 5 important publications
This must be saved as a PDF file, and a single PDF file needs to be made along with the required documents in the order specified above. This single PDF file must be emailed to The Director, Indian Statistical Institute at the email address: email@example.com with a copy to the Professors-in-Charge/Head, SQC & OR of the relevant Division.
Note: Interested candidates can apply to a Division of their choice. If an applicant wishes to be considered for more than one division then separate application(s) are to be submitted, one for each division. ISI is a multi-locational Institute, and a candidate can mark his/her preferences for locations in the application.
The list of all the Scientific Divisions and the names and emails addresses of the corresponding Professor-in-Charge/Head of Division is available here
June 30, 2020
For official notification click here
You may also be interested in: