The Institute for Social and Economic Change (ISEC), Bangalore invites applications for a Summer Internship Opportunity in Social Sciences.
Institute for Social and Economic Change (ISEC) is one of the earliest and largest premier inter-disciplinary research institutions working on social science research in India. Established in 1972, ISEC has been instrumental in carrying out robust and competent research studies on various issues in social sciences.
It has also been providing valuable policy feedback to bring about integrated social, economic, and political transformation, with emphasis on equity and justice. Through both macro and micro-level studies, with inter-disciplinary approaches, the Institute’s mandate is to generate knowledge and provide information to improve the quality of policy-making and serve as a center for excellence in research and training in social sciences.
The core objective of this initiative is to make the young students (postgraduate level) undergo internships in various social science disciplines to understand nuances of and participate in interdisciplinary social science research.
This is achieved through:
- Providing a platform for understanding the rigor in the social science disciplines and enhance the understanding towards analyzing and addressing the social problems through hands-on training.
- Facilitate, instruct and orient the students in developing the research questions either for further studies or for independent research activity.
- Interaction with faculty, researchers, and Ph.D. scholars of nine different academic centers of ISEC.
- First-hand exposure in the arena of research and policy interplay and understand how research and policy complement and/or contradict each other.
- Urban Studies
- Gender Studies
- Tourism & Valuation of Ecosystem Services
- Public Finance
- Trade and Industrial Sector
- Labour Market
- Agricultural Economics
- Medical Sociology
- Human Capital
- Climate Change
- Population Studies
- Political Science/ Political Theory
- Carbon Food prints.
The internship demands a full-time commitment for two months between 1 April 2021 and 31 July 2021. There will however be sufficient flexibility regarding the timing of the program. The student will be required to assist and discuss with the concerned faculty.
The selected candidates will be paid a monthly stipend of Rs.5,000/- based on strict attendance and diligence. Free accommodation for a period of two months subject to availability will be provided only for out-station students. Selected outstation candidates will be reimbursed to and fro second-class sleeper train charges upon production of ticket/travel proof. The interns will have to bear expenditure on food and all other expenses during their stay.
Students of social sciences should preferably be in the middle of their post-graduation. In exceptional cases, those who have completed post-graduation recently or those pursuing M.Phil may also be considered.
How to Apply?
To download the application form, click here.
The filled-in application accompanied by two recommendation letters issued by the Head of the Department and a senior faculty member from the Department should be submitted to The Registrar, Institute for Social and Economic Change, Dr. VKRV Rao Road, Nagarabhavi PO, Bangalore 560 072. The last date to apply is March 27, 2021.
Email ID: email@example.com
For full notification, click the link below.