The Srini Raju Center for Information Technology and the Networked Economy (SRITNE), Indian School of Business (ISB), Hyderabad has an open position for a Senior Researchers with research interests in technology, technological innovation, and the digital economy.
The Indian School of Business is a private business school established in India in 2001. It has two campuses in Hyderabad, and in Mohali. It offers certificates in various post-graduate management programs.
Senior Researchers (02)
- Own research projects in diverse areas such as evidence-based policy-making for the digital economy, technology interventions, computational policy, business value of IT, and technology innovation & entrepreneurship.
- Drive various aspects of the research process, including literature review, data collection, data analytics, preparing presentations, and writing and formatting academic articles.
- There will be opportunities to independently develop research ideas and co-author papers with faculty.
- Data collection, analytics, and report writing.
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science/ Statistics/ Mathematics/ Engineering/ Economics from a top tier college; Bachelor’s degree from institutions of repute with stellar academic performance will also be considered.
- Five (5) years of prior work/ research experience is mandatory, preferably in research institutions and thinktanks.
- Experience must be accompanied by knowledge of statistical programming packages like Stata, R, and Python; advanced machine learning (e.g., LASSO, random forest, gradient boosting, decision trees, etc.) skills will be a huge advantage.
- Prior experience in authoring project reports, writing grant proposals, case studies among others will be considered favorably.
- Extremely comfortable with collecting, cleaning, normalizing and manipulating large datasets (cross-sectional and time series); skilled in exploratory data analyses, creative data visualization and infographics generation
- Ability to convert technical papers into data briefs, policy briefs, op-eds, etc. is a plus.
Salary is attractive, commensurate with skillset and experience. This position will be for two years with the possibility to be considered for an extension.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply for the position by sending their resume to email@example.com.
For full notification, click the link below.
You might also be interested in JRF (Under SERB & DBT Funded Projects) at NIAB, Hyderabad [2 Vacancies]: Apply by Sept 9.