The workshop aims to discuss about the history of Intellectual Property from beginning to evolving phase. It will involve the knowledge transfer about formation of World Intellectual Property Organization and its roles and functions i.e., IPR agreement administration, IPR Practices harmonization. Further, explaining the Indian scenario of Intellectual property, system and the Office of the Controller General of Patents, Designs and Trademarks, Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion.
Subsequently, explaining the roles and functions of Intellectual property Office in India. Finally, explaining the process of filing the Patent application, Copyright application, Trademark application, Design application and the Scheme for Facilitating Start-ups Intellectual Property Protection.
- Dissemination of information regarding Intellectual Property Rights among the faculty members, researchers and students of the University.
- To create awareness and understanding the issues relating to the IPR especially Patents, Copyright, Trademark and Geographical Indications.
- To acquaint the faculty & researchers about the objectives & activities of university IPR Cell.
Who should attend?
- Students of IIT (BHU), Innovators and MSME staff, faculty members from engineering colleges and scientist/staff from R&D
- Villagers and Farmers near Varanasi
- The registration fee is 1000 to attend this workshop. However there is no registration fee for students from IIT (BHU) & BHU and Innovators/ villagers/ farmers nearby Varanasi.
- Limited seats are available on first come first serve basis. However, total no. of available seats are limited to 50 only.
- Participants willing to attend the workshop are requested to submit the completed registration form to the following emails: skshukla.mec[at]gmail.com or jvtirkey[at]gmail.com.
Emails: skshukla.mec[at]gmail.com or jvtirkey[at]gmail.com