Applications are invited for IoE Teaching Fellows at IISc Bangalore for the year 2021. The last date of application is 15 December.
The Indian Institute of Science (IISc) has been recognised as an Institution of Eminence (IoE) by the Government of India. As part of the IoE initiative, IISc announces the IoE Teaching Fellows positions in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology for its Talent Development Center (TDC) at the Challakere Campus, Chitradurga, Karnataka.
- Ph.D. with First Class or equivalent (in terms of grades, etc.) in the preceding degree and a good academic record throughout.
- Candidates should preferably be less than 40 years of age at the time of applying.
- Candidates who are expecting to submit the Ph.D. thesis shortly may also apply but their applications will be considered only after thesis submission.
The duration of the fellowship is one year with a possibility of extension for one more year subject to satisfactory performance.
- Candidates should apply using the fillable PDF form.
- The following documents are required along with the application:
- Curriculum Vitae with a list of publications.
- An essay explaining the broad reasons for your interest in such a programme. The essay is expected to be not only a narrative about your individual beliefs about the teaching and learning process but should also include specific examples of enacting them in the classroom if you have had some teaching experience.
- PDF of the PhD degree certificate or provisional PhD degree awarded certificate or PhD thesis submitted certificate.
- Any other relevant information that you may like to furnish.
The filled-out PDF form must be saved as a PDF file, and a single PDF file needs to be made along with the required documents.
This single PDF file must be emailed to The Office of Divisional Deans, Indian Institute of Science at the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject of your email should read: Teaching Fellowship Application – Your Name.
The last date for submitting the application is 15 December 2021.
The IoE Teaching Fellows are expected to participate in all the training programmes by teaching High School, Pre-University (+2 Level), Undergraduate and Postgraduate Teachers. The emphasis will be on teaching science by doing experiments and mathematics by solving problems. They are also expected to work closely with IISc faculty who visit the Challakere campus for these training programmes.
Selected candidates will receive a consolidated monthly package of Rs.1.00 lakh/month. They will also be provided with suitable accommodation on the Challakere campus at no extra cost. Selected candidates who do not opt for on-campus accommodation at Challakere will get HRA as per statutory norms.
You may also be interested in: