IIT Bombay is organizing a CEP Short Term Course on Introduction to Human Factors Engineering during May 6-7.
About the Course:
The aim of this course is to serve as an introduction to the subject of Human Factors Engineering. Human Factors involves the study of human capabilities and limitations and serves a basis for advanced human technology interaction design.
This knowledge will help engineers to design more human-centric systems. The course is spread over two days and provides a broad introduction to Human Factors Engineering.
Seminar Hall, Van Vihar Guest House,
Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Powai, Mumbai 400076.
- What is the breadth and Scope of Human Factors Engineering?
- Conceptualizing the Human in Human Factors.
- Human Factors Analysis Methods.
- Application sectors and Case Study Discussion.
At the end of the course, the learners will be able to,
- Characterize Human Factors Engineering as a discipline with its various constituents and challenges.
- Understand the capabilities and limitations of people and link it to systems design.
- Apply human factors in engineering analysis methods.
- Recognize human factors challenges related to existing systems.
Who should attend?
Engineers and designers working in any sectors as long as they are involved in designing for humans in technological contexts.
- For engineers: This course will be, specifically, beneficial for mechanical; electrical and electronics (control panel design); automotive; transportation; aerospace; marine; industrial; systems and safety engineering.
- For Designers: This course will be beneficial for interaction design, service, and systems design.
- Industry participants, faculty members and students of degree level engineering colleges are eligible to attend.
- Industry Participants: 9440 + 18% GST = INR 11140.
- Academia: 7080 + 18% GST = INR 8355.
- Students: 3000 + 18% GST = INR 3540.
Click here for registration.
E-mail : pic-cep[at]iitb.ac.in, cep[at]iitb.ac.in