The Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses (IDSA) is India’s premier multidisciplinary and forward looking security policy think-tank.
Started in 1965 the Institute is home to scholars and analysts from all over the world and provides a platform for bringing together innovative thinkers from a range of disciplines and subject areas including international relations, area studies, military affairs, energy, climate change, economics, social sciences, and science and technology.
Internships ideally last for a period of not less than six months and can be extended to a year on mutual agreement.
- The IDSA Internship Program is highly competitive and especially useful for young students who have completed a first degree in any discipline relevant to the work of IDSA.
- Candidates must possess a minimum of a Masters degree in a relevant discipline.
- Those pursuing the final year of a Masters degree may also apply. However, selection will be based on merit.
What You will Do:
Interns are required to contribute to the management of assigned projects, write summaries of events, assist in administrative work, edit documents and web content, and perform other duties as assigned.
Candidates should be highly motivated to learn on the job, work under stressful and time sensitive deadlines, should have a flair for team work, have felicity in both written and spoken English and be comfortable working in a multi-national work environment. We are especially seeking young men and women who are looking for learning opportunities.
- IDSA will provide office space, internet connectivity and other support facilities to interns.
- The first two months of the internship will be unpaid.
- The Institute will pay an honorarium of Rs 10,000 per month (for Indian nationals only) on completion two months if found suitable for further retention.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants need to submit the following:
1. Curriculum vitae
2. Two reference letters
3. Statement of purpose (The statement should clearly mention the name of the Centre that the candidate wishes to be associated with and the proposed start and end dates of the internship).
4. At least two writing samples (published /unpublished manuscript) each not exceeding 3,000 – 5,000 words
If you are a foreign national:
- Require a research visa for the duration of the Internship Programme.
- To enable this process, IDSA will provide a letter of affiliation to selected candidates.
- To avoid any inconvenience, candidates are requested to get in touch with the Indian consulates in their host countries for further information on the application process.
Email your details along with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.