About the Program
Recognizing that climate change, clean and efficient energy and environmental protection are among the biggest challenges facing India and the United States and to address the need for human resource development and capacity building in the frontier area of Building Energy Efficiency; the Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India and the Indo-US Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF) have developed a dynamic visitation program between Indian and US institutions and premier US Universities.
The Building Energy Efficiency Higher & Advanced Network (BHAVAN) Fellowships are envisaged to create a sustainable and vibrant linkage between the two nations, as well as build long term Indo-American science and technology relationships.
- For Student Internships
- Indian citizens currently pursuing a Ph.D. or M.Tech* in the field of Building Energy Efficiency or in engineering / science / technology / architecture with a major area of research related to Building Energy Efficiency at a recognized institution of higher education and learning in India.
- Age Upto 32 years as on 31 December 2018
- For Fellowships
- Indian citizens having Ph.D./M.Tech./M.Arch. in Science, Engineering, Technology or Architecture in the specific area of Building Energy Efficiency. Relaxation in qualifications could be made for individuals with proven and considerable research background and experience who are part of a recognized institution of higher education and learning in India.
- Applicants must be pursuing independent research on extra-mural / industry-supported research projects and should have published in high-impact academic journals.
- Employment: A regular position in a public-funded R&D Laboratory/S&T institution/ recognized academic institute (University/College) in India.
- Age Upto 40 years as on 31 December 2018
Fellowship /Internship Includes
- Monthly Stipend
- Return Air fare
- Contingency Allowance
- Health Insurance
- Internship: Minimum 3 months and up to 6 months
- Fellowships: Minimum 3 months and up to 12 months
Place of work
The applicant should have a letter of acceptance from a reputed U.S. scientific/ technological institution/ laboratory where he/she would undertake the research work under the Fellowship/Internship.
Applications should be submitted using our Online Application Portal for Visitation Programs. Hard copies and electronic copies of the application forms will not be accepted.
For Application Guidelines, refer to the section of Downloadable links by clicking here.
Application Deadline: Nov 30, 2018
Dr. Nishritha Bopana (Principal Science Officer) & Ms.Subhashree Basu (Associate Program Officer)
Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org
To refer to the Brochure, click here.