World Health Organization is inviting candidates with wide range of opportunities for graduate and postgraduate students to gain an experience into the work of WHO. The applicant should be of 20 years of age on the date of application.
Interns will be accepted for 6 weeks and a maximum of 3 months. WHO internships are not paid .
Travel costs, travel arrangements, including visas, and living accommodation are the responsibility of the intern or their sponsoring institution.
Benefits of the Internship
The objective of the internship are :
- Provide a framework for assigning students from different academic backgrounds to WHO programmes, where the educational experience can be enhanced through practical assignments ;
- Exposing students to the work culture of WHO; and
- Provide WHO programmes with input from students who specialises in different fields. Students are mostly placed in health-related programmes, although other streams can be considered as appropriate.
Who may apply?
- The applicant must be of 20 years of age on the date of application.
- Applicant should be enrolled in a course of study at a reputed university/ college leading to formal qualification (graduate or postgraduate).
- Applicants who applies within the six months of their completion of degree will also be considered.
- The applicant who has completed 3 years of full-time study at a university or equivalent institution prior to commencing the internship.
- The intern should be available for a minimum of 6 weeks and a maximum of 3 months.
- The applicant must be fluent in at least one of the working languages of the office to which he/she will be assigned.
- The applicant should not be related to any WHO staff member as is defined in staff rule 410.3 (e.g., son/daughter, brother/sister, or mother/father).
- The applicant has not participated in WHO’s programme, previously.
The mode of application is online. Please send a detailed personal history form, including educational and practical experience, and a covering letter indicating areas of interest to the following e-mail address: email@example.com.
The Regional Office accepts applications throughout the year.
WHO will contact the selected candidates for an interview.
For more information, please visit the WHO official link here.