The United Nations Office for SouthSouth Cooperation (UNOSSC) aims to be a robust knowledge hub providing advisory and consulting services to Member States and United Nations entities on SouthSouth and triangular cooperation enabling developing countries to effectively face their leading development challenges and harness global opportunities to address them, in tandem with monitoring progress on implementing the Buenos Aires Plan of Action, New Directions Strategy and the Nairobi Outcome.
UNOSSC has established an internship programme for young professionals interested in strengthening their understanding of United Nations, UNOSSC, its mandate, mission and its work within and outside the United Nations System. The UNOSSC internship programme provides professional enrichment for young professionals, enhancing their leadership and professional skills as well as broadening their global perspectives.
UNOSSC’s Communications/Reporting Intern is responsible for developing high impact communications materials for the Office. This internship requires strategic thinking with the ability to deliver consistently high quality, well-written, thought-provoking materials under pressure and tight deadlines.
Who can Apply
- Qualified/suitable intern from the field of communication for development, journalism, communications, sustainable development, social science, or related field with the following academic qualifications: (a) enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); (b) enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent); graduated with a university degree as defined in (a) and (b) above and, if selected, must start the internship within one year after the graduation.
- Experience in communications required;
- Familiar with international development/relations desirable;
- Familiarity with the UN system in general and/or with South-South development cooperation in particular is an asset.
- Proficiency in English;
- Knowledge of the other five official languages of the UN (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish) would be an asset.
How to Apply
To apply online, click here.
Minimum 3 months and extendable to a period of 6 months.
December 31, 2019