The UN City Common Services Unit provides operational support services to the UN agencies residing in the UN City premises, Marmorvej 51, 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark.
Under the guidance of the Common Services Manager and the direct supervision of the Admin Specialist, the intern will assist with various administrative tasks, provide daily support to the unit in different areas and provide client-oriented services.
The intern will work within the Common Services Unit and contribute to the following tasks:
- Assists in the implementation of the UN Business Operations Strategy for Copenhagen, in particularly focusing on procurement and contracts with suppliers.
- Contribute to improving client responsiveness through e.g. surveys, follow up on client demands.
- Initiate and develop knowledge and communication products and resource e.g. develop guidelines, capture best practices, flyers.
- Update UN City Intranet pages related to the Common Services Unit and act as a focal point.
- Organise, attend and take minutes of meetings.
- Provide support to any ad hoc activities related to Common Services.
Pre-requisite for candidate (to be shown in CV):
- You must meet one of the following requirements:
- You are currently in the final year of your Bachelor’s degree; or
- you are currently enrolled in a Master’s degree; or
- you have graduated no longer than 1 year ago from a master’s degree or equivalent studies in the field of international business, finance, administration, development, social sciences or equivalent;
- Fluent in written and spoken English. Knowledge in Danish is an advantage;
- Knowledge and a proficient user of Microsoft Office productivity tools;
How to Apply?
Interested applicants should submit their letter of motivation and CV, including university certificate enrolment to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating “CS Admin Internship”, by the deadline 23rd September 2018.
For further details on the same, click here.