About the Organization:
WorldFish is an international, non-profit research organization that harnesses the potential of fisheries and aquaculture to reduce hunger and poverty. WorldFish increases the productivity and sustainability of fisheries and aquaculture and improves the lives of poor people who rely on them.
About the Internship:
WorldFish is seeking a motivated, dynamic, and energetic intern whom will be responsible to become an intern in WorldFish Myanmar Office together with the Partners from NAG, GRET and Pact also with Department of Fisheries (DoF) to support the “Promoting sustainable growth of aquaculture in Myanmar to improve food security and income for communities in the Ayeyarwady Delta and Central Dry Zone” (so-called MYCulture Project) as well as other activities of WorldFish in Myanmar.
The intern will be involved in supporting the team to carry out some of the field studies on small-scale aquaculture and drafting reports/papers.
- Bachelor level qualification or related discipline.
- Minimum 2 years of working experience preferably in related field or International NGO/company.
- Experiences on field data collection, analysis, writing and publishing papers/articles in agriculture/aquaculture research and extension projects would get preference.
- Ability to edit documents and reports.
- Excellent computer skills in Word, PowerPoint, and Excel and advanced typing speed;
- Dynamic, outgoing and confident personal qualities and excellent organizational and skills.
- This position is an excellent opportunity to gain information and experience with an international research organization.
- A monthly stipend up to max USD 500 and airfare (one economy round-trip, most direct connection) will be provided.
Location and Duration:
- This position will be based in Yangon, Myanmar.
- The successful candidate should be available to commence the internship as soon as possible for a period of 4 months.
- This position is open to international applicants. Due to the high volume of applicants for WorldFish positions, we appreciate all interest but only short-listed candidates will be notified.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants are invited to submit the following information:
- A cover letter stating why you are interested in and well-suited to the position. Your cover letter should also demonstrate what you hope to gain from this internship.
- A current curriculum vitae.
- Names and contacts (telephone, fax, and e-mail addresses) of three professional referees who are familiar with your qualifications and work experience.
- Your nominated referees ideally should have persons from each of the following category: direct supervisor, internal peer and/or direct report.
- The screening will start immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.