Applications are invited for the Internship Opportunity (Technical) at Intel, Bangalore.
Intel Corporation is an American multinational corporation and technology company headquartered in Santa Clara, California, in Silicon Valley. It is the world’s largest and highest-valued semiconductor chip manufacturer on the basis of revenue, and is the developer of the x86 series of microprocessors, the processors found in most personal computers (PCs).
In this position, you will be involving in the training, design and development of next-generation Server SOCs/CPUs.
Your responsibilities will include some of the following but not limited to:
- Assist design unit owner in Register Transfer Level (RTL) modeling & functional validation. Use EDA tools extensively to simulate logic behavior and circuit performance and direction of physical design for next generation, deep sub-micron embedded circuit solutions. Verify the circuit behavior against the original simulation model and first silicon.
- Define VLSI Structural Design methodology and developing design flows. Implement structural physical designs, such as synthesis, floor planning, power-grid and clock tree designs, timing budgeting and closure, place and route, RC-extraction and integration. Verify structural physical designs, such as functional equivalency, timing/performance, noise, layout design rules, reliability and power.
- Develop Analog IP on next generation deep submicron process for the Intel’s SOC, perform tasks related to Very-large-scale integration (VLSI) complementary metal-oxide-semiconductor (CMOS) IC design, Solid state physics and physical layout. Such tasks may include: Circuit design of high speed clocking related circuits [phase-locked loop (PLL), delay-locked loop (DLL), bandgap] or high voltage input/output (IO) [double data rate (DDR)/LPDDR, General-purpose input/output (GPIO), OPIO].
- Responsible for Integration of Third party IPs — Synthesis, functional and/or timing convergence, and pre and post-si debug of IPs developed by various external vendors as well as within the company. Handling of signals crossing power planes and clock domains, industry standard protocols including hardware and software details dealing with Memory (LPDDR), storage (eMMC, SATA, UFS), peripherals (PCIe, USB), and MIPI interfaces in SOC devices. System integration dealing with Si/ Platform/ FW/ MW/ drivers/ OS/ Apps on Android & Windows-based tablets and phones
You should be a student (Post graduate/Masters – ME/MTech/MS) currently pursuing studies in relevant field with good understanding of semiconductor physics and basic PC computer architecture. Additional qualifications include:
- Familiarity with Very Large Scale Integration (VLSI) Complementary Metal-Oxide Semiconductor (CMOS) logic circuit design
- Well versed in UNIX*, C programming and relevant Computer Aided Design (CAD) tools
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the internship through this link.
For more details, click the link below.