Applications are invited for Internship Opportunity (Teaching Intern) at Teach for India, Chennai for the year 2022. Online applications are open on the official website.
About Teach for India
Teach For India is on a journey to reach an India free of poverty and filled with love by ending educational inequity in our country. Twelve years into our journey we are a movement of 3800 Alumni working at all levels of the education system, who are reaching 1 in 10 children across the country.
These Alumni have graduated from our two-year Fellowship Program where they taught in under-resourced classrooms to put 32,000 low-income children on a different life path. Today, we have 970 Fellows and are the largest pipeline of driven, skilled talent into the educational ecosystem in India.
The Teaching Intern will work closely with Teach For India Fellows who are placed in under-resourced schools from low-income communities across Chennai and be responsible for student learning and outcomes.
Bachelors / Masters Degree.
- Act as a full-time teacher for a Grade 5 classroom of 30-40 students
- Teach all subjects except Tamil
- Work with stakeholders such as students’ parents, School Principal, School teachers, Teach For India Fellows
- Administer assessments and collect/record data on student learning & outcomes
- Willingness to teach students in-person in Government/low-income schools for 4-5 hours/day and 6 days/week
- Willingness to commit for a period of 3-4 months.
- Time management and flexibility to coordinate with multiple stakeholders both in the school as well as in the organization.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate closely with members of a team.
- Ability to critically think and work with feedback
- Professionalism and respect while working with our stakeholders like Alumni, Fellows, students, parents, and other officials at the school/organization level.
You may also be interested in: