The Centre for Development Practice and Research, Patna, is an independent research centre of the Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai (TISS). Its interest areas cover issues of migration, labour, justice, education and public health. It is also involved in organizing orientation courses on migration, short courses on methodology and academic writing and lectures and conferences on topics related to migration and justice.
The TISS Patna Centre invites application for internship at TISS Patna to work on any of the following projects:
- Workers of logistical industry at Transport Nagar, Patna
- Labour Chowks in Patna
- A Research titled “Tampering Patriarchy and Reinventing Gender”
- Digital Archive on Migration
- Health and health care profile of Mian-ke-Bhatkan Panchayat in Siwan district (Bihar)
- Preparing profile of households from which at least one person has migrated to Gulf countries in last one year
- Situation of schooling in Mian-ke-Bhatkan Panchayat in Siwan District (Bihar)
- The applicant must be enrolled in a master’s programme in any discipline of social sciences for the project number one to project number six. For the project number seven, students enrolled in a BEd programme may also apply.
- Those willing to apply may send their application to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating their preference of the project and duration of the internship (with start and end dates), along with their CV and a recommendation letter from the Dean/Chairperson of the School/Centre or Head of Department, as applicable.
Terms and Guidelines
- Interns will work under the guidance and supervision of the respective project head. Data and other material collected during the internship will have to be submitted to the TISS Patna Centre which will have the sole right over them.
- In case of research report, the intern will be duly acknowledged. In case of publication of research papers based on the data collected by the intern, he/she shall get second authorship.
For any queries, contact
- Mr. Neeraj Kumar,
Phone: +91 7781 950665
- Email: email@example.com