Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the Internship Opportunity as a Software Engineer at Red Hat, Pune.
About Red Hat
Red Hat, Inc. is an American multinational software company that provides open-source software products to enterprises. Founded in 1993, Red Hat has its corporate headquarters in Raleigh, North Carolina, with other offices worldwide. It became a subsidiary of IBM on July 9, 2019.
Red Hat has become associated to a large extent with its enterprise operating system Red Hat Enterprise Linux. With the acquisition of open-source enterprise middleware vendor JBoss, Red Hat also offers Red Hat Virtualization (RHV), an enterprise virtualization product. Red Hat provides storage, operating system platforms, middleware, applications, management products, and support, training, and consulting services.
About the Opportunity
The Red Hat Enterprise Experience and Delivery (EXD) Workflow and Integration team are looking for a Software Engineer Intern to join them in Pune, India. In this role, he/she should help build and maintain their issue tracking system built on the Bugzilla platform, the world’s largest Bugzilla installation with around 2 million bugs.
He/ She will have to contribute value to Red Hat’s customers, partners, and community through the enhancement of both external and internal systems as part of an agile and globally distributed operations and development team. As a Software Engineer Intern, he/she will get the opportunity to help them better serve their customers, partners, and community needs, while gaining critical business and community skills.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Develop, customize, and maintain the Bugzilla application
- Maintain and provide support for the existing in-house Bugzilla application
- Develop and implement new Bugzilla workflows and custom extensions; create and update corresponding documentation and user guides
- Review and optimize existing source codes
- Perform unit tests and integration testing before deploying Bugzilla application-in-production environment
- Contribute to the improvement of our internal processes
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or computer science
- Understanding of Linux systems
- Willingness to learn quickly about the existing application and be productive
- Ability to work on your own in an agile environment
- Ability to learn and experiment with different technologies
- Solid knowledge of PERL, PostgreSQL, Apache, and mod_perl
- Good communicator; meticulous, rigorous, and well organized
- Solid ability to work as part of a team; willingness to help and support colleagues and explore new possibilities.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the post through this link.
For more details, click the link below.
More such opportunities that you might be interested in:
- IIIT Allahabad Summer Research Internship Program 2021
- Internship Opportunity at Department of Economic Affairs (DEA), Delhi [15 Positions]: Apply by May 15