Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the Internship Opportunity (Site Reliability Engineering) at LinkedIn, Bengaluru.
LinkedIn is an American business and employment-oriented online service that operates via websites and mobile apps. Launched on May 5, 2003, the platform is mainly used for professional networking, and allows job seekers to post their CVs and employers to post jobs.
About the Internship
Site Reliability Engineers (SREs) at LinkedIn fill the mission-critical role of ensuring that our complex, large-scale systems are healthy, monitored, automated, and designed to scale.
You’ll use your interest in site operations and your experience writing code to work closely with our development teams from the early stages of design all the way through identifying and resolving production issues.
- Gain deep knowledge of our complex applications, potentially becoming a primary point responsible for the overall health and performance of one or more of them
- Assist in the roll-out and deployment of new product features and installations to facilitate our rapid-iteration and constant growth
- Develop tools to improve our ability to rapidly deploy and effectively monitor custom applications in a large-scale UNIX environment
- Work closely with development teams to ensure that platforms are designed with scale, operability and performance in mind
- Function well in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- This is a full-time internship role that will take place between May – September 2022
Currently pursuing a B.E./B.Tech. Degree or higher in Computer Science, or related technical field and returning to the program after the completion of the internship
- Must have completed your degree by 2023 or earlier
- Systems administration experience or background (ideally for an Internet-facing app)
- Experience with Java/J2EE architectures and JVM configuration
- Python experience, specifically for systems automation
- Development experience on an internet facing or back-end application
- Strong interest in UNIX/Linux systems administration and/or DevOps
- Strong troubleshooting and analysis skills and problem-solving ability
- Demonstrated programming skills (we like Python, Golang, Perl, Ruby, Java/Scala, or C)
- Deep knowledge of most of the following: data structures, relational and non-relational databases, networking, Linux internals, filesystems, and related topics
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (including listening, speaking, and writing) and ability to work well in a diverse, team-focused environment with other SREs, Engineers, Product Managers etc.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the internship through this link.
Click here to view the official notification for the Internship Opportunity (Site Reliability Engineering) at LinkedIn, Bengaluru.
More such opportunities that you might be interested in: