Applications are invited for the Internship Opportunity (Security Event Analyst) at Salesforce, Hyderabad.
Salesforce.com, Inc. is an American cloud-based software company headquartered in San Francisco, California. It provides customer relationship management service and also provides a complementary suite of enterprise applications focused on customer service, marketing automation, analytics, and application development.
The Security Event Analyst will be part of the monitoring and triage arm of Salesforce Security, responsible for analysing events across a large and complex environment in order to identify security incidents and protect our customers. Security Event Analysts use their exceptional judgment and security expertise to distinguish truly interesting events from “noise”.
This position is based in our brand new facility in Hyderabad, India. As a 24/7 team, Security Event Analysts work shifts which include nights and weekends. The role is a key part of our global information security team, involving daily interaction with the Salesforce CSIRT and other security teams, which means fluent English is essential.
- Strong interest in information security, including awareness of current threats and security best practices
- Familiarity with system administration and security controls on Microsoft Windows and Linux
- Understanding of Windows, Linux , Mac operating systems and command line tools.
- Knowledge of email security threats and security controls, including analysing email headers
- Strong technical understanding of network fundamentals and common Internet protocols, specifically DNS, HTTP, HTTPS / TLS, and SMTP
- Passionate to analyze event and systems logs, perform forensic analysis, analyze malware, and other incident response related data, as needed.
- Knowledge of analysing network traffic using tools such as Wireshark, to investigate either security issues or complex operational issues
- Basic knowledge of system and application logs (e.g., web or mail server logs), either to investigate security issues or complex operational issues
Desired Skills & Experience
The following items are not hard requirements but would be an advantage:
- A relevant specialist degree (e.g., information security or digital forensics)
- Relevant information security certifications such as CEH, Security+, CCNA, etc.
- Familiarity with system administration in a Windows Domain / Active Directory environment.
- Familiarity with concepts of security incident response, e.g., the typical phases ofresponse, vulnerabilities vs threats vs actors, Indicators of Compromise (IoCs), etc.
- Interest in coordinating incident response, troubleshooting, or other complex issues across a global organisation
- Familiarity with Salesforce Sales Cloud (CRM) or Service Cloud
- Knowledge of SIEM systems such as Splunk, AlienVault, QRadar, ArcSight or similar
- Active involvement in the information security community
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the internship through this link.
Click here to view the official notification for the Internship Opportunity (Security Event Analyst) at Salesforce, Hyderabad.
More such opportunities that you might be interested in: