Applications are invited for Internship Opportunity (Research Intern – Energy) at UNDP, New Delhi for the year 2021. The last date of application is 20 October.
UNDP India is currently engaged in various renewable energy and energy efficiency initiatives to support Government of India meet its international commitments like the NDCs and SDGs. One of such flagship initiatives is UNDP’s partnership with the International Solar Alliance (ISA). As part of this partnership UNDP is supporting ISA design and deliver solar energy programmes in least developed member countries. UNDP India is also in the process of planning and developing the energy programme for the upcoming Country Programme 2023-2027.
The Research Intern- Energy will be guided by the National Project Manager – Energy to conduct research to support various strands of ongoing and planned work in the renewable and clean energy space.
Education: Applicants to the UNDP internship programme must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a postgraduate degree programme (such as a master’s programme, or higher) in subjects such as Energy, Environment, Sustainability, Climate Change or relevant fields.
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (such as bachelor’s degree or equivalent) on subjects such as Energy, Environment, Sustainability, Climate Change or relevant fields
- Have recently graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above).
Be enrolled in a postgraduate professional traineeship program and undertake the internship as part of this program.
- Excellent understanding about gender development & mainstreaming & have understanding to analyze gender concerns in natural resources and food security issues such as climate change.
- Good understanding on issues such as national and international policy analysis, gender in health, domestic violence etc.
- Experience of working with/ volunteering with research institutes/ civil society organizations on gender research projects/ implementing or evaluating gender projects would be preferred.
- Ability to produce quality document with quick turnaround time.
- Experience in writing blogs, features, articles & documenting gender specific case studies would be an asset.
Under the guidance of National Project Manager – Energy, UNDP India, the intern is expected to:
- Conduct research on various renewable energy programmes and achievements in India to support the planning for UNDP’s energy programme portfolio
- Undertake research on solar energy related programmes in the ISA member countries to support developing relevant programmes under the ISA-UNDP partnership
- Conduct research on the discussions and deliberations carried out in the various events linked to the High-Level Dialogue on Energy and COP26
- Support the Energy Team, ensuring deliverables and activities in line with timelines, under ongoing renewable energy projects
- Providing inputs on different project documents that includes periodic project reports, monitoring & evaluation reports- baseline, midterm and end-term evaluation reports, different project specific studies
- Supporting the Energy Team on developing content for communications, such as the success stories, case studies, social media content, illustrations and videos from the ongoing international and national energy initiatives
- Follow the renewable energy developments in India and provide weekly updates
- Any other task as advised by the team.
Interested candidates can apply via this page. The application should contain:
- The completed “Application Form” provided in the link, which requires names of 3 referees.
- Current and complete CV in English;
The monthly internship stipend (full time) is INR 12,404/- per month.
- Last date of application: 20 October 2021
- Starting date: 01-Nov-2021
Click here to view the official notification of Internship Opportunity (Research Intern – Energy) at UNDP, New Delhi.
You may also be interested in: