Internship Opportunity in Research and Statistics at United Nations Industrial Development Organization: Applications Open!
Under the overall direction of the Managing Director and working in close collaboration with all organizational units within UNIDO, the Department of Policy Research and Statistics increases understanding of development policies and programs by providing intellectual leadership and analytical services to UNIDO and the wider development community. The Department develops and provides policy advice to the Member States, based on evidence emerging from thematic, regional, country and sectoral analyses of industrial development and processes of structural change.
In close cooperation with other relevant organizational units and knowledge institutions around the world, the Department develops UNIDO’s research programme, advocates inclusive and sustainable industrial development as the main approach to create employment, reduce poverty and combat climate change, forges strategic partnerships to enhance UNIDO’s own expertise, and strengthens the capacity of Member States in related areas.
The Department comprises three entities; the Research and Industrial Policy Advice Division, the Statistics Division and the UNIDO Institute for Capacity Development.
Under the overall guidance of the Branch Director and the direct supervision of the Division Chief, the intern will perform the following tasks:
1. Carry out thematic and regional research and analysis to support UNIDO’s program development and to inform policy decisions taken by the Organization;
2. Conduct research on the determinants of industrialization, monitor and forecast industrial development trends at the international, regional and country levels;
3. Assist in the development of worldwide structural industrial statistics and the development of new indicators of industrial development and provide technical inputs to the international statistical community;
4. Conduct research, draft reports and perform other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
a.) Academic background: Statistics, Econometrics, Economics or a related field.
b.) Computer literacy: Microsoft Windows, proficient use of processing tools such as Microsoft Office package (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), is required, working knowledge of SPSS, STATA, EViews and/or gretl is desired.
c.) Core values: We live and act with Integrity; We show Professionalism; We respect Diversity.
d.) Core competencies: We focus on Results and Responsibilities; We focus on People; We Communicate and earn Trust; We think outside the box and Innovate.
Interested candidates should
- submit a fully completed Personal History Form
- upload the proof of enrollment/certificate of graduation
- indicate the time in which you are available for an internship with UNIDO
- feel free to attach supporting documents (CV, reference letter, cover letter, language certificate, etc.)
To apply online, click here.
Phone Number: +43 (1) 26026-0
For further details, click here.
About the Author
When I die, bury me with all my tatts on. When I die, bury me without the lights on.