Applications are invited for Internship Opportunity (Research and Innovation) at Teach for India for the year 2021. Online applications are open on the official website.
About Teach for India
Teach For India has built a nationwide movement of leaders who are working relentlessly to end inequity in education. It’s been twelve years since it began this journey and today it has 900+ Fellows leading classrooms impacting 32,000 children across the country,
Through the Fellowship, infuses the largest pipeline of driven, skilled talent into the educational ecosystem and has a growing movement of 3400+ Alumni. Its Alumni work at all levels of the education system from teaching, teacher training, school leadership and community empowerment to education technology, policy, governance, media as well as in the private sector. Cumulatively, the Alumni have founded 150+ organizations in the social sector with 200 of them occupying senior leadership and CXO positions across organisations.
The ‘Research and Innovation intern’ will work closely with the City Director & the Leadership Team in Hyderabad. The intern is broadly responsible for two key research projects in the city. They will support with the design, initiation and implementation of two research projects. Research Project(s):
- Blended Learning – The first research project is to examine the effectiveness of blended learning interventions implemented in 34 different schools in Hyderabad.The project will culminate into a report/white paper.
- Ecosystem Research – The second research project pertains to identifying key ecosystem players in the field of Education and building a strategic roadmap for partnerships in the city.
- A graduate degree or currently enrolled in a Master’s Program in the field of Social Sciences
- Interest to engage in both Primary and Secondary research
- Past experience conducting qualitative studies
- Basic Proficiency in using MS Office (Word, Ppt, Excel)
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
- Time management and flexibility to accommodate multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to read and synthesize documents
- Exploratory mindset, curiosity to continuously learn, be adaptive and push limits
- Strive for excellence and perfection in the intended outcomes
- Willingness to engage in academic content
- Ability to listen deeply and embrace divergent perspectives.
- Design end-to-end project scope and sequence
- Read and synthesis secondary research documents
- Conduct participant interviews and focus group discussions
- Analyse qualitative and quantitative data
- Co-author a report/ white paper.
You may also be interested in:
- Online Internship Opportunity 2021 at Competition Commission of India (CCI) [July-Sep; 15 Positions]: Apply by June 7
- Internship Opportunity (Economic Affairs) at UN-ESCAP [New Delhi/Remote; 2-6 Months]: Apply by Sep 30