United Nations, New Delhi invites applications for Internships (Public Information) for the year 2020. The United Nations Information Centers (UNICs) belong to the Information Centres Services (ICS), Strategic Communications Division (SCD) of the Department of Global Communication (DGC).
The UNICs are the principal sources of information about the United Nations system in the countries where they are located. They are also responsible for promoting greater public understanding of, and supports the aims and activities of, the United Nations by disseminating information on the work of the Organization to people everywhere, especially in developing countries.
Applicants must at the time of application meet each of the following requirements:
- He/she should have completed graduation;
- Be computer literate in standard software application;
- Have demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter; and
- Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
- The intern will support UNIC staff in implementing UN campaigns and events for the duration of the internship. Some of the ongoing key campaigns of the UN are: Climate Change, Peacekeeping
- Support the UNIC team in generating content for the website and social media platforms.
- Conduct research and background work for events and campaigns
- Provide organizing and logistical support for events.
- Assist the UNIC/UNRC joint communication team with events and campaigns.
- Other daily responsibilities based on the needs and the individual’s background.
The internship is Unpaid. UN interns work full-time, five days per week (35 hours) under the supervision of a staff member in the department or office to which they are assigned.