PRS Legislative Research (A non-profit organization) invites applications from bright, motivated, and qualified candidates for an internship opportunity.
The PRS staff consists of a team of dedicated professionals with different areas of expertise and is broadly divided into the research and outreach departments. While the research team analyses legislative and policy issues of topical interest, the outreach team tracks the working of the legislatures and legislators, manages citizen engagement, and is PRS’s interface with the MPs and MLAs. A prospective intern can apply for an internship in either/ both departments.
- The internship varies from session to non-session time.
- During a Parliament session, PRS’s work is guided by the issues taken up in Parliament, and interns are expected to work with the analysts on any and all projects.
- During non-session periods, the interests of the individual intern are taken into consideration, and he/ she is matched with an analyst(s) doing related work.
- The successful completion of a PRS internship requires the intern to pursue and complete an internship project.
- The intern will be assisting analysts in their research, as well as undertaking an internship project.
- The duration of the internship is flexible but is normally between four and eight weeks.
- Interns can work from their homes.
Please note that no accommodation or remuneration is provided. This is strictly an unpaid internship.
Expectations from interns
In addition to a deep interest in the working of Parliament and the legislative process in India, an intern should have:
- Strong writing skills
- Strong analytical skills
How to Apply?
Interested persons can fill in the application form. The form has to be filled out in one session, and there is no option of saving responses. You are expected to:
- write a short statement of purpose (not more than 500 words)
- upload an up-to-date resume in PDF format
- upload a writing sample on any policy issue. (not more than 1000 words) in PDF format.
The filled-in application forms are to be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. PRS is only accepting applications for internships starting June and July 2020.
Email ID: email@example.com
For further details, click here.
You might also be interested in JOB POST: Analysts, Program Associate & Outreach Coordinator at PRS Legislative Research, Delhi: Applications Open.