Applications are invited for Internship Opportunity (Program Manager) at Microsoft, Hyderabad for the year 2021. Online applications are open on the official website.
Microsoft India (R&D) Private Limited, a subsidiary of Microsoft Corporation, set up Microsoft India Development Center (MSIDC) at Hyderabad in 1998. Over the course of the past 17 plus years, we have expanded to become one of Microsoft Corporation’s largest R&D centers outside its headquarters in Redmond.
MSIDC is a part of Microsoft Corporation’s strategy of global shared development, where teams across geographies collaborate to build great software and services. Our development teams are aligned to four engineering groups at Microsoft Corporation Application and Services (ASG), Cloud and Enterprise (C&E), Microsoft Business Solutions (MBS) and Operating System (OS). Our engineers in MSIDC contribute to the engineering of critical and important technologies in the above areas, thereby impacting millions of lives.
- Currently pursuing an MBA (or equivalent) from a Tier-I management institute in India.
- B. Tech / M. Tech / MS degree in Computer Science or related quantitative field a plus.
- 2 – 4 years of relevant work experience in program management in a technology / product firm is a plus.
- Great communication skills – both oral & written.
- Proven ability to have worked in teams.
The role entails the following three distinct aspects:
- Defining and executing product strategy and roadmap: Defining who the product is for, identifying the fundamental problem that we are solving, understanding the competition, and our core positioning w.r.t to the competition, identifying our approach to the market and partnerships.
- Building the Product: Lots of whiteboarding, storyboarding, sketching and designing, iterating with engineering on tradeoffs between priority/timelines/capabilities, partnering across teams in Microsoft to deliver the solution, performing usability studies, planning versions, legal, marketing, monetization plans etc.
- Connecting with the customer: Evangelizing the product through customer connect, being the ‘face’ of the product, experimentation, and data analysis, iterating on feedback and learnings.
You may also be interested in:
- STEP NITK Industrial Internship Program 2021 [4 Weeks, Commencement from Jan 4]: Apply Now
- Internship Opportunity (Visual Designer) at IBM, Kochi: Apply Now