NIUA (National Institute of Urban Affairs), New Delhi invites applications for Program Intern for the year 2020. Interested and eligible candidates can apply via the official website.
Under the Technical Assistance and Leadership Development Support Unit (TALD-SU) instituted for the NULP program, NIUA seeks to onboard a Program Intern with interest in planning, executing, and optimising organisation-wise online program implementation initiatives. (S)he/they will bring in their experience to contribute towards the development of NULP’s program in alignment with Phase I priorities.
The Program Intern will support primarily work on scopes pertaining to program research, implementation, documentation, and stakeholder/partner support.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in the field of development, management, urban planning, computer science management or other closely related fields with 0-2 years of experience in roles pertaining to program support and development.
- Good verbal and written communication skills with fluency in English.
- Demonstrable experience in program management and support at a collegiate/under-graduate level.
- Research and Development:
Supplement the process of analysis within NIUA and NULP through empirical collection and collation of in-house and other information
Support the preparation of programme and project status reports required for the section, Management, Government reviews, programme analysis, Annual Reports, etc.
Supplement the activities of content curation, aggregation and dissemination as outlined under program processes for the same.
Provide support for creation and implementation of learning needs assessments/analyses with generation of insights formulating content standards aligned to ecosystem learning requirements.
Assist the central-level content development and management unit with activities outlined in tandem with program priorities.
Support city onboarding and activation activities in coordination with implementation partners
Provide support at the national level, in programme planning, implementation and monitoring to contribute to NULP’s objectives, specifically related to capacity building and leadership development within city ecosystems.
Contribute to the planning and review of the NULP annual work plan and of other strategic and programme documents.
Contribute to knowledge management by preparing briefing notes, meeting documentation, newsletter to help advance the program implementation activities for NULP through regular communication and information sharing.
Support delivery of program deliverables as per work plans and milestone schedules
Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders within cross-functional departments to create, support, and execute program research, implementation, content generation, social media campaigns and other key initiatives across channels.
- Stakeholder/Partner Support:
Assist in drafting briefing notes, talking points, funding proposals, presentations and preparing donor reports
Liaise with NULP’s solution partners with respect to program design, digital infrastructure development and city activation to identify and mobilise technical expertise and implementation o Support delivery of key milestones in close coordination with program partners.
Duration & Location
- Location of position(s): Based out of the office at NIUA, New Delhi; or from a remote location.
- Term of position(s): The position is on a contractual basis for a minimum of 6 weeks to a maximum of 6 months subject to performance and grant/project timelines. Interns not completing the requisite period will not be issued any certificate of completion. Interns will require to have their own laptops/technological infrastructure.
How to apply?
Application process: Email CV and cover letter to nulp[at]niua.org with CC: sskashyap[at]niua.org and pkhare[at]niua.org. Applications can also be submitted through the NIUA portal.
A nominal stipend will be provided to cover base level expenses and conveyance charges, if any, for a mutually agreed upon cap. Remuneration for candidates with relevant work/academic experience will be reviewed on a case to case basis with scope to review the terms of engagement at the end of the tenure basis performance.