About the National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA)
Established in 1976, the National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA) is a premier institute of Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, Government of India, for research and capacity building for urban sector in India. NIUA’s broad objective is to bridge the gap between research and practice on issues related to urbanization. For more than 40 years now, NIUA has been the vanguard for contributing to and building the urban narrative for a fast-evolving urban India.
About the Internship
The intern will get the opportunity to be part of team setting up the CDG at NIUA to operationalise the visionary NUIS (National Urban Innovation Stack) for Indian Urban Governance.
No. of Interns
Roles and Responsibilities
The intern will be deputed under the supervision of Program Manager with the following tasks:
- Research and benchmark strategies & practices in digital transformation in urban governance
- Develop the brand marketing strategies of CDG
- Supporting the creative designing partners with branding, collaterals, etc.
- Engage in brainstorming ideas for the creation and advertising practices;
- Growing network on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube to create a reach with our target customers
- Designing and creating contents for Blog posting, Feed posting, Email & SMS marketing, etc.
- Regular communication with partners and provide support for newsletters and publications
- Organizing, attending and making presentations at meetings, consultations, webinars and events.
The intern will also provide necessary support to Head, CDG for analytics, documentation, independent assessment, visualization or any other related activities including reports, posters, dossiers etc.
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in computer science, communications, management, development studies, urban planning, architecture, or other closely related fields (currently pursuing or recently completed)
- Should be a fresher with 0-2 years of work experience/ mandated by an educational institution to carry out an internship as part of the curriculum
- Preferably, provide a dossier of relevant work experience by way of URLs, etc.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Advanced skills in the MS office suite and communication-related software required
- Strong analytical, conceptualization and communication skills, good understanding of market research techniques and data analytics
- Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners and authorities at different levels with an enthusiasm for digital marketing, technology and social impact
- Expertise in branding strategy, developing AVs, multi-media ppt would be preferred. Knowledge of web design, publishing, basic graphics software would be an advantage
- Additional skill set of working on self-authorising tools like Articulate 360◦, iPresenter, Mind map, etc.
- Should be willing to work at the Institute on a full-time basis
Remuneration and Experience Certificate
Basis of your qualifications and skill-sets, a consolidated amount up to₹ 15,000 per month, inclusive of local transport allowance and all taxes. In case an intern leaves before completion of the contract period or without handing over all work assigned by the team leader, he/she will not receive any work certificate.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the internship opportunity through this link.
Oct 20, 2020
For more details, click the link below.