The Joint United Nations Program on HIV/AIDS (UNAIDS) leads and inspires the world to achieve its shared vision of zero new HIV infections, zero discrimination and zero AIDS-related deaths. UNAIDS unites the efforts of 11 UN organizations—UNHCR, UNICEF, WFP, UNDP, UNFPA, UNODC, UN Women, ILO, UNESCO, WHO and the World Bank—and works closely with global and national partners towards ending the AIDS epidemic by 2030 as part of the Sustainable Development Goals.
Candidates for internships at UNAIDS must be engaged in a course of post-secondary studies leading to a formal qualification in an approved university program at the under-graduate or post-graduate level.
Contractual Terms and Conditions:
- Work effectively in teams, adapt and integrate easily with the team, work cooperatively in support of team objectives.
- Convey ideas and thoughts in a clear and convincing way in one-on-one discussions or groups presentations and ability to produce clear correspondence and written reports.
- Effectively apply their knowledge and skills to the job, and to consistently learn and improve performance.
- Show initiative and enthusiasm in their work, effectively organize and manage time, and deliver high-quality results in line with agreed objectives.
- Innovate and find new ways of working and improving results while maintaining a strong service orientation.
- Take ownership of assigned responsibilities, to be productive, fulfill commitments and use resources responsibly.
Persons with immediate family members employed by the UNAIDS Secretariat are not eligible for internships.
Applications from people living with HIV are particularly welcome. Applications from women and from nationals of non- and under-represented member states are particularly encouraged.
Duration of Internship
The duration of internships is limited to a minimum of six weeks and a maximum of six months.
For any queries, contact
20, Avenue Appia
CH-1211 Geneva 27
Telephone: +41 22 791 36 66