The International Center for Journalists (ICFJ) invites applications from meritorious and eligible candidates for a Communications Internship.
ICFJ is looking for a committed and talented intern to join our communications team and work with us to tell ICFJ’s story. This is an exciting and paid opportunity for a self-starter who wants to advance journalism and further develop his or her communications skills – particularly in digital media.
Interns should be enthusiastic, efficient, and flexible. Good writing skills and experience with social media are required. An interest in journalism and/ or international affairs is strongly suggested. Applicants should exhibit a spirit of teamwork.
Duties will include developing written, visual and video content, contributing to the maintenance of ICFJ’s website, providing support for ICFJ events, and other administrative tasks. The internship, which will be conducted remotely due to the COVID-19 outbreak, requires a time commitment of 21 to 35 hours a week starting in August/ September to last through December 2020.
- Write and publish material for social media (Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram)
- Own social media analytics
- Design visuals for social media
- Film and edit video interviews
- Help compile regular analytics reports using multiple tools, such as Facebook Insights and Google Analytics
- Update ICFJ’s website
- Write short web stories and press mentions
- Support ICFJ events
- Provide administrative support as needed.
- Interns must be enrolled in a degree-granting program during the internship or a recent graduate. Marketing, communications, journalism, and design majors preferred.
- Experience with video editing and video editing software
- Highly collaborative with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to take initiative and be a self-starter
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Take pride in your work.
It is a plus if you have experience with:
- Major design applications, such as Adobe Creative Suite
How to Apply?
Candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, a social media graphic, and a writing sample. Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here.
Phone Number: (202) 737-3700
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
For full notification, click the link below.
You might also be interested in Internship Opportunity (Technical-IT) at Synopsys, Hyderabad: Applications Open.