Founded in 1996 as an independent think tank, by former IAS officer PR Chari and Major General (Retd.) Dipankar Banerjee, the Institute of Peace and Conflict Studies (IPCS), is one of the premier research institutes and think tanks on South Asia.
With a view to develop and hone skills for analysing security-related issues, the IPCS has started an internship program.
The internship caters primarily to students, interested in gaining knowledge about the South Asian region and the security issues that confront it today.
The programme will not only help young researchers to gain work experience, but also equip them with research, writing and other organisational skills which will become invaluable assets in their future area of research work.
Who can apply?
Applicants should have finished their graduate/post graduate degree in International Relations, Security Studies, Political Science or any other related subject.
- Interns will be selected, depending on their areas of research interest and vacancies/positions available.
- Preference will be given to candidates interested in working on nuclear issues and Southeast Asia.
- Interested applicants are advised to apply at least 6 months in advance for internship positions at the Institute.
- Please note that the IPCS Internship Programme is unpaid in nature.
- 3 interns are selected per quarter.
Three months. Applicants must clearly mention the months for which they are applying for the internship.
Expectations from the interns in IPCS
- The internship at IPCS involves exposure to a range of opportunities from article writing experience, to conference events, to roundtable discussions with dignitaries and experts.
- As a part of the internship researchers will be expected to produce two 800 word articles per month on suggested topics as well as an issue brief or essay per quarter.
- Interns will also assist with team administrative duties, such as helping to coordinate IPCS events, as well as contribute to IPCS initiatives such as the outreach program and website developments.
- Participation in discussion and debate is encouraged.
Interested applicants should fill the Application Form (available here), along with two letters of reference forward their curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: IPCS accepts applications all through the year.
For further details on the internship click here.