The internship programme in the Indian Council of World Affairs (ICWA) is intended to provide an opportunity for the Interns to familiarise themselves with the foreign policy issues and initiatives of the Government and on India’s international relations.
It also provides a platform to discuss, analyze and deliberate the outcome of foreign policy initiatives with the Council’s Research Fellows and Distinguished Speakers/Invitees on issues of international and strategic importance.
- The programme is open to Indian citizens.
- The candidates should at least have a Master’s Degree in Humanities, preferably in Political Science or International Studies.
- M .Phil/ Research students from India & abroad can also apply.
- Research scholars from specialised fields like energy security, climate change, disarmament, the international economy etc. or with formal background in International Relations and World Affairs will be given preference depending upon the requirement of ICWA.
- The Intern should have excellent academic track-record [First Class/Near First Class] and should preferably be from a Centre/Institution of excellence.
- The internship programme will neither be a job nor any such assurance for the job. ICWA has been recruiting Research Interns on purely contractual basis subject to satisfaction of the Competent Authority.
6 months with probation period of three months duration. Could be extended to a maximum period of one year.
Selected PG and M.Phil Interns will be paid gross emoluments of Rs.10,000/ pm and Rs.12,500/pm respectively subject to TDS [Professional Tax @10% of the annual gross emoluments, if/when applicable].
Certificate of Internship
Certificates will be issued to the Interns on satisfactory completion of their internships and on submission of their Policy Briefs/Viewpoints/Reports (as the case may be) and its evaluation by the Competent Authority of the Council.
Mode of Application
Interested students can send their applications, along with their CVs, in the attached format to DDG on firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
The candidate will be required to produce a permission letter from their Supervisor/Head of Department, in case he/she is interested to join internship during their coursework
Click here for more details.
Click here for the official page.