UNDP India is seeking an HR Intern with relevant experience to provide support to the HR Unit in order to meet a few critical delivery deadlines initially for a three month period starting June 2021. The assignment will be home based.
The assignment is required to focus on the following areas under the guidance of the HR Head and working in consultation and as part of the HR team.
- Support the HR team in recruitment and selection process and ensure transparent and competitive recruitment selection and placement processes.
- Work on e-recruit system, upload vacancies, discuss publishing of vacancy announcement in e-recruit. Ensure outreach of key vacancies including to all UN groups within India e.g. OMT and the bilateral and multilateral HR network.
- Liaise with hiring units for long-short listing of applicants. Support in administering written tests.
- Prepare interview documents for panel members. Liaise with applicants and efficiently manage last minute changes, if required.
- Organize interview panels, administer virtual interview using zoom platform, for interviews held from remote location.
- Secure documentation from external consultant and hiring unit for candidate selection/approvals; write regret letters to unsuccessful candidates and handover of completed recruitment cases to HR focal point for e-filing.
Staff Development and Training
- Support in ensuring 100% compliance in completion rate of mandatory courses by all staff in UNDP India.
- Follow up with all staff on completion of mandatory training by creating group wise learning sessions, giving one-on-one tutorials if required for urgent cases.
- Support in onboarding exercise to new joinees. Update and revise orientation material e.g. PPT and links.
- Support in undertaking a ‘needs assessment survey’ to help develop the whole office learning plan (WOLP) 2021; Work in close consultation with HR Head and with Learning Committee to support the roll out of WOLP.
- Support on other learning and training activities and regularly update learning activities in the yearly learning planner.
- Support HR Head on Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) training, including development of new activities linking training on PSEA needs for all, and quick research on UN papers and policy on PSEA.
- Any other business as applicable.
Applicants to the UNDP internship programme must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a postgraduate degree programme (such as a master’s programme, or higher);
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (such as bachelor’s degree or equivalent);
- Have recently graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above) and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation;
- Be enrolled in a postgraduate professional traineeship program and undertake the internship as part of this program.
- Strong commitment to promoting gender equality, excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Good command in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) as well as handling web-based applications.
The completed “Internship Intern Form” available on the UNDP India website at Internship Intern Form (available at: Jobs/Internships | UNDP in India) should be completed along with a current and detailed Resume.
- Application deadline: 18 May 2021
- Starting date: 24-May-2021
For official notification, click below.
You may also be interested in: