Applications are invited for Internship Opportunity (Human Resources) at Teach for India for the year 2021. Online applications are open on the official website.
About Teach for India
At Teach For India, we’ve built a nationwide movement of leaders who are working relentlessly to end inequity in education. It’s been twelve years since we began this journey and today we have 900+ Fellows leading classrooms impacting 32,000 children across the country, Through our Fellowship, we infuse the largest pipeline of driven, skilled talent into the educational ecosystem and have a growing movement of 3400+ Alumni.
Our Alumni work at all levels of the education system from teaching, teacher training, school leadership and community empowerment to education technology, policy, governance, media as well as in the private sector. Cumulatively, our Alumni have founded 150+ organisations in the social sector with 200 of them occupying senior leadership and CXO positions across organisations.
The Intern, Human Resources will be working directly with the National HR Team. They will support all the functions within the HR Team through varying degrees. The Intern will gain experience in every aspect of Human Resources such as end-to-end hiring processes, employee engagement, learning, and development as well as the chance to add their expertise in any on-going project at that time.
- Graduate degree in any field
- People’s Person – Should be able to hold conversations with stakeholders and break the ice easily.
- Very high attention to detail and thorough in their work
- Ability to prioritize tasks according to the need of the hour
- Pro-active in tasks assigned to them, and working on tight deadlines
- Ability to think from the perspective of others
- Talent Acquisitions – To support the hiring process for Staff and Intern applications by
- Registering open roles on the Careers page of Teach For India and other platforms
- Reviewing resumes and profiles of candidates
- Conducting phone reviews to understand whether candidates are a culture fit at Teach For India
- Coordinating with candidates during the different steps of their applicant journey
- Apart from the hiring process, supporting the Talent Acquisition team with sourcing the right people for each open role
- Employee On-boarding – To ensure a uniform onboarding experience for all new Fellows and Staff by
- Ensuring that prerequisites for new hires joining the organization have been fulfilled
- Ensuring that all organization policies and relevant documentation have been signed and stored in the organization’s repository
- Employee Well-Being – To strengthen the employee well-being processes at TFI by
- Ideating and executing innovative methods of workplace well-being campaigns especially with respect to well-being holidays within the year
- Capturing the well-being stories of Staff and Fellows at Teach For India
- Collecting feedback through survey designs or assisting with focus group discussions
- Research and recommendations for potential partnerships for both employee as well as child safety
- Learning & Development – To develop employees at TFI by
- Researching on performance management systems at exemplar organisations and/or similar organizations
- Collaborating with a team member to create resources to roll out the performance cycle in April
- Assisting team member with basic research and analysis for Learning offerings
- Data management and feedback assistance for Learning and Development
- Support with Learning and development focused discussions across the organisation with different stakeholders
You may also be interested in: