Teach for India, Mumbai invites applications for an Internship as Human Resource for the year 2021. Online applications are open on the official website.
The Intern, Human Resources will be working directly with the National HR Team. They will support all the functions within the HR Team through varying degrees.
The Intern will gain experience in every aspect of Human Resources such as end-to-end hiring processes, employee engagement, learning, and development as well as the chance to add their expertise in any on-going project at that time. We’re on the lookout for someone who can set aside a minimum of 6 – 7 hours per day within a week.
- Graduate degree in any field
- People’s Person – Should be able to hold conversations with stakeholders and break the ice easily.
- Very high attention to detail and thorough in their work
- Ability to prioritize tasks according to the need of the hour
- Pro-active in tasks assigned to them, and working on tight deadlines
- Ability to think from the perspective of others
At Teach For India, the HR Team works on different priorities depending on the quarter or the milestones we are required to meet. Hence, depending on the time of the year, our HR Intern should expect a combination of the below priorities as well as an additional project based on interest, strengths, and bandwidth.
- Talent Acquisitions – To support the hiring process for Staff and Intern applications by
- Registering open roles on the Careers page of Teach For India and other platforms
- Reviewing resumes and profiles of candidates
- Conducting phone reviews to understand whether candidates are a culture fit at Teach For India
- Coordinating with candidates during the different steps of their applicant journey
- Apart from the hiring process, supporting the Talent Acquisition team with sourcing the right people for each open role
- Employee On-boarding – To ensure a uniform onboarding experience for all new Fellows and Staff by
- Ensuring that prerequisites for new hires joining the organization have been fulfilled
- Ensuring that all organization policies and relevant documentation have been signed and stored in the organization’s repository
- Employee Well-Being – To strengthen the employee well-being processes at TFI by
- Ideating and executing innovative methods of workplace well-being campaigns especially with respect to well-being holidays within the year
- Capturing the well-being stories of Staff and Fellows at Teach For India
- Collecting feedback through survey designs or assisting with focus group discussions
- Research and recommendations for potential partnerships for both employee as well as child safety
- Learning & Development – To develop employees at TFI by
- Researching on performance management systems at exemplar organisations and/or similar organizations
- Collaborating with a team member to create resources to roll out the performance cycle in April
- Assisting team member with basic research and analysis for Learning offerings
- Data management and feedback assistance for Learning and Development
- Support with Learning and development focused discussions across the organisation with different stakeholders
The HR Intern will be considered very much a member of the Human Resources Team and the wider HR Community at Teach For India. We’d like for our intern to immerse deeply at Teach For India by being an active participant in our HR Community and Team Calls, volunteering if that interests them as well as engaging in organization-wide initiatives.